Build the team Bron needs to compete with the Warriors

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
If everyone has to be tailored to his game specifically and there is no other system to play in, I am not sure there is a team for him that will "compete" with the Warriors. On the Spurs, he would have to significantly lower his usage rate. Seems doubtful he'd want to do that.

With the Spurs he'd still get his huh amount of touches, he just wouldn't be always bringing the ball up

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
All LeBron needs is Kawhi. Those two would dominate like the Bulls in the 90s.

But kawhi doesn't have that dig bron needs. Kawhi is lebron before lebron became comfortable being the main scorer.

Bron needs someone comfortable being expected to score 24-29 points a night. Kawhi has too many nights he'll give yiu 15 and be fine.

kuts

All Star
Daps
But kawhi doesn't have that dig bron needs. Kawhi is lebron before lebron became comfortable being the main scorer.

Bron needs someone comfortable being expected to score 24-29 points a night. Kawhi has too many nights he'll give yiu 15 and be fine.

Kawhi is already a very capable scorer and if he was asked to score more points a game I'm sure he'd be up to the task. Also, his defense would mitigate the need to score so many points per game because he could be deployed as a stopper and allow LeBron to control the flow of the game. Kawhi has the two things you need to play with Bron and that's heart and skill.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:mjlol:

Why would NO do that
If AD is trying to force his way out, their choices will be down. You know how good those draft picks are that Boston is holding? The Kings pick is barely protected at all and the Memphis pick is only lightly protected. You're talking about two all-star level players and two lottery picks (one likely top-5) to pair with Boogie. That's a lot better dealt than some of stuff that was being floated earlier this season when rumors of AD's discontent first came to light.

PG - Mike Conley
SG - Jimmy Butler
SF - Lebron
PF - PJ Tucker
C - Mark Gasol
Naw, no one on that team is a 25+ a night scorer.
Nah, that roster is tight because all five of those guys are going to be playing hard and capable on both ends of the court. There's no "rule" that you need two 25-point scorers on a team, most title teams haven't. Butler/Conley/Gasol can all go for 15-25 on any given night, that's more than enough considering the defense they'll be playing.

I was talking about a Conley/Gasol trade for a lot of last year when it was clear that Memphis was giving up on the season, it just seemed like there were sentimental reasons why Memphis wouldn't do it.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

The same kawhi who been giving warriors fits everytime he on the court and making durant work harder than anybody who has ever guard him while putting up 25+ points on the warriors
Kawhi dont be dropping 15 and if he does its cuz pop takes him out too soon
U do realize he could easily average 30ppg on the spurs but that is not how they play
He is the same guy who had warriors down before getting hurt
Bron and kawhi on same team is a damn nightmare