Bully Ray: "The Usos are the greatest tag team in WWE history"

Are The Usos the best tag team in WWE history?

• Yes

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray gave high praise to The Usos while speaking on a recent episode of Busted Open Radio.

Ray, who spent the majority of his wrestling career as part of The Dudley Boyz, thinks The Usos are the greatest tag team in WWE history.

“It is my opinion that The Usos are the greatest tag team in the history of the WWE, and here is why: The Usos have won multiple World Tag Team Championships, ala The Dudleyz and The New Day. However, the Usos are doing something that the Dudleyz and the New Day never did: they are involved in an A storyline that is continuing to put asses in seats.

“What matters to me is that the Usos are involved in something that has the entire wrestling world talking, and the New Day have never done that, and the Hardys have never done that, and Edge and Christian have never done that, and the Dudleyz have never done that.”

Bully Calls The Usos The Greatest Tag Team In WWE History

As great as the Bloodline story is, I wouldn't necessarily say they specifically are the ones putting asses into seats. Their stature is helped by the lack of tag competition compared to the Dudley era where they had the Hardys, Edge/Christian, New Age Outlaws, APA, etc. Outside of New Day, the other teams are either makeshift ones or jobber teams.

Daps
This is a weird thing for him to say because Bully was part of a storyline that helped put asses in seats: The off-and-on feuds with the Hardys and E&C was a legit draw. It wasn't the main event, but people tuned in to see any combination of those teams go at it. WM 17 isn't WM 17 without Austin vs. Rock, but it also isn't the same without Hardys/E&C/Dudleys in the triple threat ladder match.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I would agree with this take. My gut would say Road Warrirors/Legion of Doom, but, Road Warriors were in the WWF for like 3 years left for a while, and then came back but were not the same draw as before.

In that time the Usos have become the premier Tag Team in WWE, that would be a draw on the card because of the Bloodline story. Combined with more years in the WWE/WWF than Road Warriors, I would say the Usos are the WWE's Greatest Tag Team ever.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
They've never been bad wrestlers but before they heel turned they had a decade of zzzzzz characters and booking.