Bumble tosses "women making the first move" concept in the bushes, adds automation

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
The app can automatically send out messages that it created to start a convo with all of a woman's matches, and then the men have to write something first to keep it going

Bumble revamps the 'first move' and other features

"Earlier this year, new Bumble CEO Lidiane Jones said in a Fortune interview that Bumble was rethinking women making the first move — the dating app's signature for its ten-year run. Today, Bumble officially announced updates to the "first move," as well as other feature upgrades and a fresh brand identity.

Since Bumble's inception in 2014, only women could message matches first. In the case of same-gender connections, anyone could message first. In 2022, Bumble announced that non-binary users can make the first move as well.

Now, Opening Moves is Bumble's "evolution" to this concept. Women users have the option to set a question for their matches to respond to, either from Bumble's recommended options or by writing their own. Non-binary users and those looking for same-gender connections can set and respond to an Opening Move, as well. Otherwise, men looking for women can't set an Opening Move, Bumble told Mashable.

In Bumble's press release, Jones cited how tiring online dating can be as a reason for this feature. "In listening to our community, many have shared their exhaustion with the current online dating experience, and for some, that includes making the first move," said Jones. "We're also hearing from women that empowerment today is not only about control but it's also about agency, and we're excited to offer more choice in how women make the first move with our new Opening Moves feature.' "

Thoughts? :hamster:

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Women never really initiate conversation on bumble all they do is say hi :mjlol: then you have to say some creative shyt :francis:
They already had pre-written first messages for women. All they had to do was click on the message they wanted to send lol

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The fukk? If nikkas don’t get in the field smh. I get all my chicks and motion simply by living life. That was some of the dumbest shyt I read in my life. And I done read a lot of dumb shyt. I was kind of confused and annoyed by reading that shyt. Sound like some corporate nikkas came up with some bullshyt to keep mothatfukas using the app. I really don’t even know what the fukk they was taking about. I do know they on some fukk shyt though

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
From the sex calling on men to be creative with their openings... automated icebreakers.