Burma bout to blow up brehs....

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

The 20's are going to be an insane decade

I mean, we not too far from the centennial of WWII. The ‘20s could play out similarly to the 1920s with economic boom after a pandemic followed by a crash by the end of the decade because of out of control greed which breeds fascist/nationalist feelings through a disillusioned globalized world that has failed to solve many of the problems in the next decade which festers into conflicts which combine into a world war.

℃ertifed

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I ain’t see a thread but I dunno y’all, it don’t look like the people are going back to them bad ol days.....:jbhmm:

There’s already decades old separatist forces in the country. Do y’all think this has a chance of becoming a theater of proxy war for China and India since they border the country? Also, does this change the Rohingya question? If the whole country is in revolt then it would make sense for them to join in the revolt and reclaim their place in Burmese society.

Personally, I’m not sure if it’ll get Syria level bad because too many countries that are looking to keep developing are threatened by a destabilized Myanmar. But it seems like things are escalating rather quickly.

What y’all think? :lupe:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/bre...ined-military-declares-1-year-control.829584/

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's insanely sad because the military rulers have already been hardened by decades of amorality and isolation. They want nothing other than power, and they have minimal dissuading influences that will lead them to give up that power.

Typically in Myanmar that would mean the people feel impotent and just give up in the end. But they've tasted a semblance of freedom and don't want to go back. The only way I'm seeing them overcome at this point is via a campaign of massive nonparticipation (basically force all economic production to grind to a halt) and starve out the military of resources until the rank-and-file turn against the generals.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It's insanely sad because the military rulers have already been hardened by decades of amorality and isolation. They want nothing other than power, and they have minimal dissuading influences that will lead them to give up that power.

Typically in Myanmar that would mean the people feel impotent and just give up in the end. But they've tasted a semblance of freedom and don't want to go back. The only way I'm seeing them overcome at this point is via a campaign of massive nonparticipation (basically force all economic production to grind to a halt) and starve out the military of resources until the rank-and-file turn against the generals.

Either that or all out war. Either way neither side isn’t going quietly into the night.