Busta rhymes recalls dmx's heated reaction to jay-z's 'why we die' verse

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha: I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a collab you nggas DONT think Jay was washed :bryan:

No one:

No one at all:

The Coli: Neef murked Jay on As One :unimpressed:
Don't ask me why but I love that joint :lolbron:

First time I heard that sample and that beat I was like :what:

By the end I was like :blessed:

Never met a person that doesn't skip that shyt though :ehh:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Don't ask me why but I love that joint :lolbron:

First time I heard that sample and that beat I was like :what:

By the end I was like :blessed:

Never met a person that doesn't skip that shyt though :ehh:

Always loved that song. One of the first/only times jay hopped on a track with all of SP. It made the cut for my filler-free version of BP2.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Back when artists took pride in having the best verse

Now rappers be bragging like "Yo Cole killed me on my shyt hahaha"

:mjlol:

Facts. And of course it’d be Benny to say it, the prime example of modern overrated rappers

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All these nikkas idolized Jay.. X was no different. I think he was the most shouted out rapper on X’s first three joints
This had NOTHING to do with idolizing, it was about competition. And you better believe Jay was doing/thinking the same shyt (most likely heard X verse before he spit his own) too. Irv Gotti has talked about before how X and Hov were always competing with each other. Rap is competitive in general, it’s not like these two were special with this. All rappers have stories like this.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha: I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a collab you nggas DONT think Jay was washed :bryan:

No one:

No one at all:

The Coli: Neef murked Jay on As One :unimpressed:
X was bodying everyone at that time. Jay, LOX, Ja, Busta, Ma$e, Black Rob, Nas, Mef, everybody.

He bodied Jay and Ja numerous times, but Jay got him on this track. Jay floated on here

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
My favorite track from that album. To this day I don't know why Busta didn't make it a single.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
X was bodying everyone at that time. Jay, LOX, Ja, Busta, Ma$e, Black Rob, Nas, Mef, everybody.

He bodied Jay and Ja numerous times, but Jay got him on this track. Jay floated on here
So was jay :beli:

That’s the point yall have an affinity to the underdog. X was ‘bodying’ everybody but let yall tell it jay was ass gettin the skip treatment

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Yea that beat was trash, but the GOAT blacked out on it

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Want the truth, I kinda miss robbing and stealing... after reading his autobiography I know X wasn't lying :wow:

I love this track, very 2000 sound and that's cool some music is timeless and some music takes you back to the certain period of time :salute: