Busta Rhymes Recalls Witnessing 2Pac Write Seven Different Songs To Same Beat

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
busta-rhymes-recalls-witnessing-2pac-write-seven-different-songs-to-same-beat-1200x675.jpg

"Busta Rhymes has opened up about his experience working with 2Pac, recalling the time he watched the late rapper write multiple songs to the same beat.

Speaking on former NBA stars Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson’s All the Smoke podcast, the Brooklyn rap legend reflected on his “incredible” relationship with ‘Pac and one particularly memorable studio session with the All Eyez On Me MC.

“When ‘Pac got back from [Atlanta, where he shot an off-duty police officer], ‘Pac became super [paranoid] because he felt like the cops were out to kill him no matter what state he was in,” he said.

“He had gotten a wild arsenal. He kept an MPC beat machine in the crib and I literally watched him write about seven songs to the same Isley Brothers sample. Each song was about different shyt. I couldn’t understand that.

“After a while, I get tired of hearing the motherfukking beat. I don’t wanna hear that beat to write no more songs to it. I write the one song to it, I’m off the damn beat. He wrote seven songs to the same beat!”

Check out his story at the 1:47:35 mark below.

Lil Cease previously revealed that The Notorious B.I.G. wanted Busta Rhymes and Nas to help him take on 2Pac during their infamous feud in the mid ’90s.

During an interview with The Art of Dialogue in 2022, the former Junior M.A.F.I.A. rapper explained that Biggie was eying his fellow New Yorkers to join him on “The Ugliest,” a J Dilla-produced track that would serve as a response to ‘Pac’s “Hit ‘Em Up.”

“It was for Busta Rhymes’ [album, The Coming]. The song never came out,” he said. “It was supposed to been Busta Rhymes, Nas and Big. It was produced by Q-Tip, but nobody did their verse after Big did his. Nobody laid they verse on it, so the song kinda just pushed away.”

“The Ugliest” was shelved by Busta over fears of fueling the East Coast-West Coast beef, although Biggie’s verse later surfaced on his posthumous Born Again cut “Dangerous MCs.”

Busta Rhymes Recalls Witnessing 2Pac Write Seven Different Songs To Same Beat

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
The other day Rick Ross said Jigga gave him the same advice — write several songs to any one beat you can make work — cause it would elevate him as a songwriter.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:ohhh:

"During an interview with The Art of Dialogue in 2022, the former Junior M.A.F.I.A. rapper explained that Biggie was eying his fellow New Yorkers to join him on “The Ugliest,” a J Dilla-produced track that would serve as a response to ‘Pac’s “Hit ‘Em Up.”

“It was for Busta Rhymes’ [album, The Coming]. The song never came out,” he said. “It was supposed to been Busta Rhymes, Nas and Big. It was produced by Q-Tip, but nobody did their verse after Big did his. Nobody laid they verse on it, so the song kinda just pushed away.”

:devil:
:evil:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

:ohhh:

"During an interview with The Art of Dialogue in 2022, the former Junior M.A.F.I.A. rapper explained that Biggie was eying his fellow New Yorkers to join him on “The Ugliest,” a J Dilla-produced track that would serve as a response to ‘Pac’s “Hit ‘Em Up.”

:devil:
:evil:

Yea it ended being Busta, Biggie and Roc Marci.