The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They bought calls or puts? If they bought calls, wouldn't they have wanted to hold/ensure the price went above $40? Or is there something I'm not following?
They SOLD what are called “naked calls” meaning they sold contracts that would allow the buyer to purchase the stock at a later date, but they never owned the shares themselves. When selling naked calls the hope is that the price never makes it to the strike($40 in this instance) and the seller just keeps all the profits from selling the calls and they never have to actually purchase the stock.

In this case the stock price skyrocketed passed $40, so they had to buy all of those shares in order to distribute them to the options buyers.

Daps
Hedging Against America: The Mudrick Short Report

G
ood Sunday morning read.

These people are fukked up. They literally kill American businesses for money.

The strategy is this: They find a distressed company then buy a bunch of their debt through bonds and/or loan them a bunch of money.

They then short the hell out of the stock and convert the bonds to more stock which crashes the price.

The company goes bankrupt so they never have to cover the shorts. They now pretty much own the company cause they own all the debt, so they get paid in bankruptcy court too. And they can decide whether to re-list the company and make more money, or just let it die. All the while retail investors are being taken advantage of to the tune of millions or even billions of dollars.

This was the play with AMC until we stepped in, now they are fukked and fighting for their lives off one really bad bet.

Reading stuff like this only makes my conviction for the stock stronger. I hope this goes our way, and these people can never use this strategy again. It’s some of the most depressingly corrupt shyt I’ve ever known when it comes to this countries economy.

I’m holding as long as it takes. This shyt has to stop :smh:
It's apart of the reason this play has become somewhat of a movement tbh. Not only do people want to get rich, they want to make these mfs bleed

broller

Veteran
Daps
They SOLD what are called “naked calls” meaning they sold contracts that would allow the buyer to purchase the stock at a later date, but they never owned the shares themselves. When selling naked calls the hope is that the price never makes it to the strike($40 in this instance) and the seller just keeps all the profits from selling the calls and they never have to actually purchase the stock.

In this case the stock price skyrocketed passed $40, so they had to buy all of those shares in order to distribute them to the options buyers.

Oh wow. :ohhh:

Thanks for dropping knowledge

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Fellas let me ask one more time..
I got 25 shares in Cash App.
When this thing pops off will I be safe with Cash app?? Like are they actually capable of paying out 100gs?
Cash App isn’t FDIC insured but otherwise they haven’t had the issues that these other brokerage from what I see

Cash App has no reason to fukk over investors if it squeezes you’ll have to withdraw your money in increments though

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently AMC had a great weekend with box office numbers (Black Widow) and the McGregor fight. I know fundamentals aren't a key factor here but it's always good to see the company you've invested bread in thriving.

There's a lot of DD on AMCReddit over the weekend that has me excited. Reinforces the feeling that we've reached a point where all that's needed is patience.

FlareBaller5

Hawkeye
Daps
Reppin
Iowa
200.gif

Every day is a step closer to the bag brehs.:mjlit: Stay up and have a great week