C. Ronaldo still the GOAT of his generation Appreciation Thread. LIV 4 - BAR 0

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
There’s nothing Ronaldo does better than Messi other than head the ball.

Barcelona are an average team being carried by Messi, it really showed in this game, it’s like Barca just stood around waiting for Messi to be god like again and bail them out.

They deserved to lose and I hope Liverpool at least win the CL if the league doesn’t happen. They deserve something this season and they have more than enough to beat spurs or Ajax.

But as the point of this thread goes Messi is the GOAT carrying a shyte mediocre Barca team and they let him down. I’m fukkin pished so hope this makes sense.

Edit: valverde is fukkin shyte. Messi carries him too.
Ronaldo is a more versatile scorer, he’s better with headers and long shots
But Messi scores as much or almost as much as him and leads in assists every season
Messi better but Ronaldo is more clutch

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Ronaldo is a more versatile scorer, he’s better with headers and long shots
But Messi scores as much or almost as much as him and leads in assists every season
Messi better but Ronaldo is more clutch

If you were in a final or a major qualifying round - it's easy to see who you'd choose.

Did y'all see how Ronaldo single-handledly held the Spanish soccer team to a standstill in 2018?
:mjcry:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
didnt goatnaldo lose to them young kids from ajax? :mjgrin:

he didn't touch the ball the entire second half at home :mjgrin:

a lot easier with marcelo,modric and isco giving you passes :mjgrin:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
If you were in a final or a major qualifying round - it's easy to see who you'd choose.

Did y'all see how Ronaldo single-handledly held the Spanish soccer team to a standstill in 2018?
:mjcry:
It depends
If I don’t have a lot of other talent on my team I choose Ronaldo
But if I have reliable forwards or midfielders Messi

Light

Pro
Daps
Back to back years of Messi choking. Looking like harden for the past few years. Comes up massive for Barca in La Liga, but hasn't been able to put them over the hump in the CL. Obviously, the rest of the team didn't play up to par with Alba and Pique playing like absolute garbage.

Ronaldo would have definitely scored at least 1 goal this game to put the game out of reach.