cac bill simmons at it again

calh45

Cal
Daps
I don't know why you're singling out Bill Simmons when many people on this forum trashed Westbrook's triple double year. The amount of posts that would shrug it off or said it wasn't impactful on this forum was huge.

This.

Bill is who he is. He was "right" about Luka and he's going in on being right which is fine. Him not liking how Russ plays ain't racist because Russ is a ballhog. He's been going just as hard every single year with James Harden. Him and those stat nerds love them some James.

Neither Luka nor Russ move me. Just like Harden doesn't.

If any of you want to call him out on anything low key racist it's how dismissive he (and Sal) are when it comes to racial discussions. They're purposely disingenuous in pretending like race doesn't impact sports and how fans/media react to things.

killacal

Banned
Daps

Its crazy how Westbrook seems to be the only person who gets criticized for statpadding, when basically all the stars do it.

the difference is bron and luka do it half the time and play basketball the other half

Westbrook is solely playing for a triple double to the point I dont even consider him playing basketball out there:mjlol:

Westbrook runs a box and one on the stat on sheet:hhh:

Props for the energy levels tho:ehh:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
And as usual no one posts the info that OKC ran analytics and determined that their shooting percentage went up and offensive transition points became the best in the league when Russ got the defensive board and brought it up. OKC staff saw the numbers, wanted Russ to play that way and the triple dubs is just a by product of how he they played. The bigs said it made their job easier to just clear out than to clear out and rebound. :yeshrug:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I remember when a large portion of the Coli used to cosign his dumb articles when he was shytting out his mouth hating on the Miami Heat.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I mean I listened to the podcast and he basically admitted he wants another Larry Bird. Hes not really hiding it out here.

baker928

Pro
Daps
You have to also consider that the Mavs don't have rebounders on their roster, and that despite that they're still 7th in the league on the glass. It's not quite like Russ poaching from a Steven Adams, guys like KP, Powell, and Kleber weren't rebounders in the first place, and for what it's worth KP is having a career year on the glass so far. Not saying he isn't sagging off his man to grab extra boards, but I don't think it's as bad as Russ was

The same Steven Adams, who so far is averaging less rebounds this year? Also, OKC is one of the worst rebounding teams this year, compared to always being near the top with Westbrook. My main point is though is that it seems only Westbrook gets accused of statpadding, when in reality they all do it.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
The same Steven Adams, who so far is averaging less rebounds this year? Also, OKC is one of the worst rebounding teams this year, compared to always being near the top with Westbrook. My main point is though is that it seems only Westbrook gets accused of statpadding, when in reality they all do it.
Adams is playing significantly less minutes, his rebounding per-minute is up significantly