Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Go to a running shoe store.

but......off the top of the dome, look at:
- New Balance 1080
- Nike Infinity Run 2
- Brooks Ghost
- Hoka Clifton or Hoke Rincon

leave the Nike Pegs alone (along with a lot of Nike shoes) because the mid foot and toe box area will be narrow and you’re just trying to get into running. You said you’re :flabbynsick: and I legit feel like a lot of the more recent Nike running shoes are for slimmer folks who are really out there going crazy with the miles.

Find a neural/stability shoe that feels comfortable. Color and brand shouldn’t be the first thing you’re looking at. And spend whatever it costs to get into a great shoe. You’ll wind up spending $100-150 but it is what it is because it’s for your feet. If you can find some shoes on sale and get 2 for $200ish, go for it since you can rotate what you’re wearing depending on the day.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Start speed walking before you run imo, also diet and cut back on weight before getting into a full running routine.

With that said My last two purchases were the Brooks Ghosts running shoes. Also spare no expense on running shoes and proper cushion insoles to put inside them. It's the dumbest thing you can do.

Proper insoles are going to make ur running experience so much better and truly protect ur feet and legs long term.

brooks-ghost-12-womens-0667-1561386297.jpg
That's not exactly necessary.

My suggestion is to run from the start.....for as long as you can, even if it's intermittent: Run, walk, run again, etc

Those stoppages will lessen and you will be able run nonstop....sooner than you think.

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
I like the higher end Asics. The shoe depends on how your foot lands when you're running. I weighed 200+ in the army had zero problems with them. I don't run now. I walk. But I still use them for that.

I wear New Balance every day for a casual shoe. I might finally end up trying them for running based on the recommendations if I do some couch potato to 5k shyt this year.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That's not exactly necessary.

My suggestion is to run from the start.....for as long as you can, even if it's intermittent: Run, walk, run again, etc

Those stoppages will lessen and you will be able run nonstop....sooner than you think.

I think the comment was referring to OPs weight and I agree. Depending on how big OP is, he may want to explore non-running related cardio if not he may mess up his knees, good shoes or not. Running really should be for people just slightly overweight.

That runners knee is no joke.

Daps
They look wack but brooks are some great running shoes. Noticeable relief of knee and feet pain I was having.