Can anyone explain to me why single payer health care is bad for America?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is no different than what we have now. Who do you think is paying for uninsured people's healthcare :dahell:

Just because you read something doesn't mean it's true.

None of this addresses why a single payer option wouldn't work in the US. Even if it's less efficient than it is in smaller countries, so what? How much less inefficient would it be? How would it compare to the clusterfukk we had before and during the ACA?
can you name one thing the federal government does efficiently?

neither can i :mjlol: now apply that to the fukkin healthcare system. it would be a horror show :laff:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

neither can i :mjlol: now apply that to the fukkin healthcare system. it would be a horror show :laff:
USPS costs less than FedEx/UPS on a per package basis including losses. And Medicare spending grew at a slower rate than private healthcare spending, despite the pool of Medicare users growing faster than the pool of private users :francis:

This is a stupid analogy anyway, there's no private equivalent to a lot of govt functions, and govt doesn't operate to generate a profit. IMO healthcare should not be a for profit endeavor, at least overall (theres still a place for elective procedures and high end insurance/care if one chooses to pay it).

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it is pretty fukkin huge. comparing 330 million ppl america to 40 million sweden or whatever fukk they do, is stupid

but i agree with it :ehh: we need to divert money from the military and spend it on healthcare
10 million.

Theres 10 million in Sweden.

This is why I rag on you all for being fukking idiots.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I've heard this line thrown out time and time again without validation. How does our country's size preclude us from having a single payer option? Everything would just scale up. By this logic the IRS and other national administrative organizations shouldn't function.... but they do
I support single payer.

BUUUUUT you have to factor in population size and population density.

1. When theres more people you need more of everything, and "everything" means things that are expensive. Syringes? Needles? X Ray machines?

2. The USA has terrible population density outside of major cities, which increases the costs it takes to deliver the same services in rural areas. That raises costs dramatically. And when you have to do this, places there a less dense return less money per capita because their tools aren't getting as much re-use.

3. Comparing things to other nations is an obfuscation of real infrastructure needed to do these things. Norway and Finland has 5 million people. Sweden has 10 million. Combined thats barely the metro NYC area. Thats nothing compared to something 30x as large in the United States.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
It depends on how it's administered. The US runs three different healthcare systems at the same time.

Britain NHS= Medicare
Switzerland insurance exchanges = PPACA
Canadian Medicare = Medicaid

America needs to administer its healthcare more efficiently.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock

:hhh: There is ONE thing they do extremely well

raw

:mjgrin:Crushing rebellion,coups and plots ...the American government is the second longest running Republic in History ever

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
there is nothing really wrong with it but if its mandatory and the government has a monopoly on healthcare then its bad
what monopoly?

The government isn't hiring the doctors or controlling what patients they have.

patients are free to choose their own doctors.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
:troll:"Liberals are all about their feelings and not facts!"
its how i feel :yeshrug:
:dwillhuh:

USPS costs less than FedEx/UPS on a per package basis including losses. And Medicare spending grew at a slower rate than private healthcare spending, despite the pool of Medicare users growing faster than the pool of private users :francis:

This is a stupid analogy anyway, there's no private equivalent to a lot of govt functions, and govt doesn't operate to generate a profit. IMO healthcare should not be a for profit endeavor, at least overall (theres still a place for elective procedures and high end insurance/care if one chooses to pay it).
This gets explained over and over, yet they keep repeating the "fedrul goverment doesnt work at all" meme. He's even going to bring up the USPS operating loss thing again.
i know you didnt bring up the USPS who operates at a loss of about 5 billion a year :huhldup:
And again, as has been explained in the past, the USPS only started running a loss when Republicans forced them to fund retirements for future employees that don't even exist yet, deliberately capsizing their budget so they can say "See? Privatize it.":troll: