Can anyone logically explain to me why Cena was put in the Ambrose/Rollins feud?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I
and I didn't even mention Jake or Crush
Idk about you but some of the bad wWE /wcw stuff from back in the day I still kind of enjoy on the network . I think a lot of it is overblown cause at the end of the day wrestling is a form of entertainment and i think sometimes we as wrestling fans take ourselves too seriously . Like I was looking back at arquette winning the title and I'm like what makes that worse than Vince really ? He wasn't positioned as someone who can wrestle or anything but a fluky champ . Now robocop sucked I can't defend that :scusthov: penalty box matches ??? Nope horrible .

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
You already know why
330.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
this is what happens when u have a champion who's not on raw week to week.

logically who does Cena feud with? Kane again? Orton again? can't feud with Ambrose as a babyface really, Rusev is involved in another feud already. Wyatts are being repackaged so to speak.

process of elimination only really leaves Rollins. Victim of circumstance :yeshrug:

thinking of other folks would require Cena to feud with midcarders so thats why obvious names wasn't posted [cesaro]

They got like 10 ways to go..Hogan was never on week to week when all that money was being made. Just weak and catering to make Cena strong and be hyped as this false icon. Makes them look so behind. They deserve the ratings and everything dropping after Bryan got injured.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They got like 10 ways to go..Hogan was never on week to week when all that money was being made. Just weak and catering to make Cena strong and be hyped as this false icon. Makes them look so behind. They deserve the ratings and everything dropping after Bryan got injured.
Why do you even bring up Hogan ??? How about in the time when rock /Austin /hhh/foley were on tv almost every week making a bunch of money . Let's instead say how great the even older days were ( I pray to God you don't mean wcw Hollywood hogan not being on tv every cause that wasn't a money draw in and of itself )

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I can't wrap my mind around this. If the plans were never supposed to call for a Cena/Rollins match at this time or Rollins/Ambrose to main event HIAC, why even book Cena to interfere in this feud? Ambrose beats Cena for the right to face Rollins, so Cena main events with Orton as the consolation? What?

Why not just directly have him feud with Orton instead of essentially making three guys look bad in the process? This entire situation basically elevates the Rollins/Ambrose feud but says it's still not as important as whatever John Cena is in. It also makes Orton look like a lackey. I understand they wanted to plant seeds for a Rollins/Cena feud, but why not just book Rollins AND Orton interfering in the Brock match? Or plant the seeds later. Have Rollins interfere in the Cena/Orton match to help Orton. That would plant the seeds for Rollins feuding with both guys (costing Cena the win / showing Orton can't win without Rollins).

I understand that Orton/Rollins may develop into a future program too, but it still makes no sense for Cena to directly involve himself in the Ambrose/Rollins feud.

Someone please explain it to me :mindblown:

I already know it's not supposed to be good...
Ambrose got over. Cena's not over. So they try to siphon off cheers/support/relevance to the guy the fans have been rejecting for the last 9 years. Certainly not the first time and wont be the last.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's cause they try to play it off like ha ha his gimmick was The Prototype

But don't let em fool you brehs

Cena IS the Prototype... he's a carbon fiber cyborg with a bio exterior made to resemble a human. That's why even if he gets "injured" he recovers in weeks while they replace his parts. They're not gonna let any human wrestler get over Cena because Cena is a billion dollar investment that Vince had to pay to NASA and Industrial Lights and Magic.

Daps
What gets me is that if they did it right, Cena going heel would be like the nWo 2.0 and they probably would make more money off of him if he had the right gear and he found the right tone on the mic.

Can't happen now...or least for awhile, but this is just an example.......Cena turning mega nWo style heel on Daniel Bryan...laying him out, costing him the title and going Hollywood Hogan 2.0 ...go for black t shirt and jeans or something. Mega Mega Mega heat. Then I think you transfer the Cena kids merch to Daniel Bryan and you have a chance of getting the young adult people on Cena's side for a complete flip...if he did it seriously and was all in.

Then you have heel Cena injure Bryan as a way to get Bryan off TV for his injury...and set up the comeback.

That is also where it would have been great to have Rollins start off as a Hardy style face and Ambrose as heel. You have Stephanie, HHH, Cena and Ambrose as the heel figures......Cena can go over Rollins, then you could do thinks like turn Brock face to go against heel Cena...and eventually lead to an Ambrose face turn against HHH or Cena. You've got Reigns out there and you hope to have Bryan back eventually.

The point is there are SO many ways to shake things up and make things new and interesting with Cena being heel, and I bet you make more money on top of it.

After all that is exhausted, you have Cena go away for awhile and come back to finish up his main event career as an HBK style face.

I'm not even a Cena fan, at all, but if you are running business, this is the way to finish out his career imo.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
That back in the corner booking that makes everyone (except Cena really) look like shyt 99% of the time :wow:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Why do you even bring up Hogan ??? How about in the time when rock /Austin /hhh/foley were on tv almost every week making a bunch of money . Let's instead say how great the even older days were ( I pray to God you don't mean wcw Hollywood hogan not being on tv every cause that wasn't a money draw in and of itself )

Stone cold used to be on tv for like 5 minutes every raw. I watched raw 98 from jan to wm and this dude used to come in at like 10:20 for 5 minutes and not be seen again :dead:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stone cold used to be on tv for like 5 minutes every raw. I watched raw 98 from jan to wm and this dude used to come in at like 10:20 for 5 minutes and not be seen again :dead:
Hogan was in tv even less and he was injured wasn't he? They kept him on tv like almost all his injury. Also what's conviently forgotten is hogan was on house shows which the rock /brock don't do . That hurts talents pockets. Edit : misread your post I thought you said up to 98 .

Last edited: