Can someone from Philly explain why Cliff Huxtable was eating hoagies instead of cheesesteak?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Cosby is from Philly.
Cliff is from Philly.
Yet he was duckin and dodgin Claire over his love over hoagies the entire show :what:
I thought the PHILLY CHEESESTEAK was yalls shyt? :dahell: You muhfukkas LIED to us
bill-cosby.jpg

tumblr_lw7vdofqCR1qlw12eo2_500.png

hoagie.gif

tenor.gif

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
:leostare:
He was living in Brooklyn, we didn’t do cheese steaks.
Philadelphians Pat and Harry Olivieri are often credited with inventing the sandwich by serving chopped steak on an Italian roll in the early 1930s.

:hula:

The term hoagie originated in the Philadelphia area. In 1953, the Philadelphia Bulletin reported that...
1*5r5SsBWXOApsAxobbmN8fg.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, that was weird. One, we eat cheesesteaks in Philly. I’m from Delco but it’s close enough. Two, we do eat “hoagies” too but they’re called subs. You ask Ralphie and Saul for an Italian Sub with hot peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, light mayo and light oil, pickles and a dash of pepper. You don’t ask for an Italian Hoagie :russ:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Yea, that was weird. One, we eat cheesesteaks in Philly. I’m from Delco but it’s close enough. Two, we do eat “hoagies” too but they’re called subs. You ask Ralphie and Saul for an Italian Sub with hot peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, light mayo and light oil, pickles and a dash of pepper. You don’t ask for an Italian Hoagie :russ:

Never heard anybody in Philly say “sub” not once in my life.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lies/ Don't noody call no hoagie no sub in Delco,