Can someone tell me if this is sustainable?

Daps
In the past five weeks, I've really been on my grind. I've only been doing cardio but i've been getting some relatively fast results. I started off running the treadmill daily, about three miles a day (sometimes more, sometimes less) but the last two weeks I've been walking/running four-five miles at a walking trail in my park, and I started playing basketball again. Since I started exercising I've lost ten pounds and I've adjusted quite well to this lifestyle. I actually look forward to running as a stress reliever.

My issue is my diet. For some reason, my metabolism works in a way where I can't completely give up junk food but I can live off a very low calorie day. I haven't eaten more than 1,300 calories a day since I started exercising, and I have plenty of sub 1000 calorie day (some days as low as 500). The problem is I still eat Mcdonalds, Pizza, Chick-Fil-A, etc. Just yesterday I ate one meal the entire day, it was a Mcdonalds meal that tallied at 870 calories. Is this type of diet sustainable and is it even effective?
No a male shouldn't drop his calories so low you should google the effects a low calorie diet has long term it is not healthy at all

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
In the past five weeks, I've really been on my grind. I've only been doing cardio but i've been getting some relatively fast results. I started off running the treadmill daily, about three miles a day (sometimes more, sometimes less) but the last two weeks I've been walking/running four-five miles at a walking trail in my park, and I started playing basketball again. Since I started exercising I've lost ten pounds and I've adjusted quite well to this lifestyle. I actually look forward to running as a stress reliever.

My issue is my diet. For some reason, my metabolism works in a way where I can't completely give up junk food but I can live off a very low calorie day. I haven't eaten more than 1,300 calories a day since I started exercising, and I have plenty of sub 1000 calorie day (some days as low as 500). The problem is I still eat Mcdonalds, Pizza, Chick-Fil-A, etc. Just yesterday I ate one meal the entire day, it was a Mcdonalds meal that tallied at 870 calories. Is this type of diet sustainable and is it even effective?

:patrice:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
lol I know that sounds completely idiotic. Let me rephrase that, I haven't given up junk food (I don't eat it on a daily basis but once or twice a week, i just have occasional cravings) but I haven't been eating too many calories per day.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
lol I know that sounds completely idiotic. Let me rephrase that, I haven't given up junk food (I don't eat it on a daily basis but once or twice a week, i just have occasional cravings) but I haven't been eating too many calories per day.

Sounds pretty damn unhealthy to me.

And no, that's not sustainable.

I was 240 and cut to 185 last summer. At the end I was down to 1700 calories and that was pushing it, for me.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
what ur saying is this:

1) You dont really cook
2) You aint lifting
3) Its currently working

my advice, figure how much you need to cut and eat that as opposed to just some arbitrary number(IE say you need 1700, just eat that everyday)

start lifting, even if its only 2 days a week. Some weight training is crucial. When i first lost weight i was cardio heavy up until month 2, but losing the amount of weight that i did in those 2 months caused me more work down the road.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Big picture doesn't sound like a good move at all.

What's the goal here?

Congrats on the progress
I'm trying to drop twenty five pounds altogether before the start of the summer. That's why I've been taking some extreme measures. Long term what's the negative effects of a temporary low calorie diet?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm trying to drop twenty five pounds altogether before the start of the summer. That's why I've been taking some extreme measures. Long term what's the negative effects of a temporary low calorie diet?
You could damage your hormones pretty bad.

Honestly you are going to be subject a bad rebound and weight gain.

Daps

You should incorporate weight training as well

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

That's a terrible idea.

Dray

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
90% my own head, 10% reality.

While it isn't healthy, strictly speaking, to cut calories and exercise, especially doing intensive cardio. Doing cardio is almost a liberty to eat what you please, but its definitely true: you are what you eat. Maybe not while you're young, but sooner or later it'll catch up. I take it you are one of those naturally skinny, probably lanky, people? [ectomorphs] If so you are lucky, (in a way) but shouldn't undereat as you haven't got the stores an endomorph like me, for instance, has at his disposal. You should eat at least 2000 calories a day, minimum, with your kind of lifestyle.