Can we discuss The Avengers Endgame Third Act(and great third acts in cinema)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Not spoiling anything. And i don't know if ya'll consider this a spin off or not. But I'm racking my brain, On great third acts in cinema history and where I thinks it ranks. When it comes to absolute spectacle what can possibly top it? Maybe the first act of "Saving Private Ryan" just cause of sheer scope. I'm not a big star wars guy, but maybe one of those. And of course the obvious comparison to the OG Avengers "Attack On New York"

That's spectacle.

Other great Third acts "Terminator 2 Judgement Day", "Aliens", "Full Metal Jacket", but all very different kinds of movies.

So fellas how are yall feeling about it. I havent rewatched it and am waiting for The Blu Ray to come out. But I def remember being like "Oh shyt" def reminded me of a splash panel on a really great comic book.

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seven and The Prestige had great third acts that made the movies...but they are different types of movies. Not the spectacle type of scenes.

As far as the blockbuster spectacle type movie I've always thought the 3rd act of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was fantastic.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
But the final act in Infinity War > the final act in Endgame :dwillhuh:

SecondhandGiantJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

quill_death.gif

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That entire 3rd act was fukking legendary...:mjcry::wow: the fighting, the dialogue, the music, the feels... everything was on point...ALL THE FANSERVICE...

When thanos gave that speech with his army and cap stood alone and you heard sam on the coms say on your left and the music start playing then you see black panther, okoye, and shuri step through ready for war and sam flies in and the music starts swelling with all the portals...

:wow: best movie moment in marvel history right there...:banderas:

Last edited:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That entire 3rd act was fukking legendary...:mjcry::wow: the fighting, the dialogue, the music, the feels... everything was on point...ALL THE FANSERVICE...

When thanos gave that speech with his army and cap stood alone and you heard sam on the coms say on your left and the music start playing then you see black panther, okoye, and shuri step through ready for war and sam flies in and the music starts swelling with all the portals...

:wow: best movie moment in marvel history right there...:banderas:
when black panther pulled up is one of the best movie moments ever. i'm 37 and i go to the movies a lot, ever since i was 9