Can we talk about how ric flairs ring work being kind of wack? (Scotch Hall ric diss mp3 added)

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
Is that the right word?

King Kurt spoke on Ric Flair and him not having the kind of match he would want, with all the random eye gouges, back rakes,etc. He blamed it on Ric's age and the timeline coming into play, but I think that just seemed like a another tuesday for Ric :manny:

It seemed like Kurt was holding back on saying more about Naitch due to respect. Ole Anderson was known to say a few thing here and there. Nash and Hall took a liquid shyt on my dude.

Hell HitGoat said flair was 30 minutues of non stop, non pyschology :dead:

Stu Hart said if you seen one of his matches you seen them all :russ:

I mean fukk, I'm a four horseman stan :manny: but you can't defend some of his matches, I think most people are afraid to say Ric isn't that good. Maybe overrated might be the right word, and spare me the history lesson :flabbynsic: I'm not talking about his mic work, his presence or any of that. I'm talking about technical skills.

Don't bring up the Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, etc matches because they could work with anybody. The dusty matches was classic i'll give u that, and I grew up watching NWA and midsouth. It just seems like most of the people that crown him the goat are the people that Meltzer came of age with

sorry if i don't like chop fests
:manny:

Freestyle Phantom3.0

Habitual Line Stepper
Daps
474.gif

Dude would go 60 mins all the time, he is widely regarded as one of, if not the best ever.

Overrated, and/or wack should not be used in the same stratosphere as flair

One star, dap/undap,neg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean don't bring up Funk, Steamboat, etc? Their best matches were with him. And you think Flair couldn't work with anyone like those guys? :camby: He was carrying all types of hacks from Lex Luger to Ronnie Garvin.

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
The Dusty work? Have you seen the Steamboat series? The matches with Sting? The classics with Funk? Him carrying all types of hacks from Lex Luger to Ronnie Garvin?.
Steamboat and Funk could have great matches with anyone like I stated in the first post. The sting, Ronnie, and lex luger matches was great I'll give u that 1 but I think some of flairs matches didn't make sense.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Steamboat and Funk could have great matches with anyone like I stated in the first post. The sting, Ronnie, and lex luger matches was great I'll give u that 1 but I think some of flairs matches didn't make sense.

Yea I edited my post to reflect your point. But how did Flair's match not make sense. He was a great seller and made ppl look ten times better then what they were. He always use psychology in his matches. In the prime of his career, I can honestly say I've never seen a flat out terrible Flair match

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In his latter years his matches were just chops, getting thrown off the top rope, eye gauges, low blows, begging for mercy, walking around and flopping and figure fours.... but I can't really hold that against Flair because if you watch somebody enough, you can practically predict how anybody's match is gonna go.

Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc are legends and I can describe their matches the same as I can Flair's.

Its very few that can throw a swerve on you.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
In his latter years his matches were just chops, getting thrown off the top rope, eye gauges, low blows, begging for mercy, walking around and flopping and figure fours.... but I can't really hold that against Flair because if you watch somebody enough, you can practically predict how anybody's match is gonna go.

Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc are legends and I can describe their matches the same as I can Flair's.

Its very few that can throw a swerve on you.
After 93 every flair match is identical..he literally has one match

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After 93 every flair match is identical..he literally has one match
I'm not denying it.. but I'm not criticizing him for it either because he isn't the only legend who has 1 match. For example, R.I.P. to the Warrior, 1 of my FAVORITES growing up and I can say the same for him.

I was still excited to watch Flair in '03 in WWE as I was in the early 90s and I already knew how the match was gonna go lol.... heel Flair is probably 1 of the few heels in wrestling history who got dominated 95% of the match and still won from cheating.... nowadays, the heels dominate most of the match and the babyface gains momentum and either wins or loses due to interference or cheating.