Can we talk about how ric flairs ring work being kind of wack? (Scotch Hall ric diss mp3 added)

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes

HEY YO! @Nature Boy Ric Flair

you think hall of fame...... razor forgot about our little beef?

razor-ramon-o.gif

YOU PARAKEET LOOKING FUKK
scott-hall-outsider-edge-o.gif

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
After 93 every flair match is identical..he literally has one match

I remember Bret Hart saying this and Flair getting all emotional about it ( :flaircries: ). After he went to the WWF, he became very formulaic.

Every match was irish whip to the corner, backflip off turnbuckle, run to the other side, get on the top rope and get slammed off the top rope. EVERY MATCH. He eventually got too :flabbynsick: to pull of this spot. So, we saw the next two spots 1000x more.

Then there was the cowering in the corner, begging his opponent to stop, opponent comes in and eye rake. EVERY MATCH.

Then there was the Flair chop exchange with his opponent resulting in a Flair flop. EVERY MATCH.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I remember Bret Hart saying this and Flair getting all emotional about it ( :flaircries: ). After he went to the WWF, he became very formulaic.

Every match was irish whip to the corner, backflip off turnbuckle, run to the other side, get on the top rope and get slammed off the top rope. EVERY MATCH. He eventually got too :flabbynsick: to pull of this spot. So, we saw the next two spots 1000x more.

Then there was the cowering in the corner, begging his opponent to stop, opponent comes in and eye rake. EVERY MATCH.

Then there was the Flair chop exchange with his opponent resulting in a Flair flop. EVERY MATCH.

FALSE

Sometimes he would get clotheslined after the Flair flip.

You also leaving out the low blows.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
Is that the right word?

King Kurt spoke on Ric Flair and him not having the kind of match he would want, with all the random eye gouges, back rakes,etc. He blamed it on Ric's age and the timeline coming into play, but I think that just seemed like a another tuesday for Ric :manny:

It seemed like Kurt was holding back on saying more about Naitch due to respect. Ole Anderson was known to say a few thing here and there. Nash and Hall took a liquid shyt on my dude.

Hell HitGoat said flair was 30 minutues of non stop, non pyschology :dead:

Stu Hart said if you seen one of his matches you seen them all :russ:

I mean fukk, I'm a four horseman stan :manny: but you can't defend some of his matches, I think most people are afraid to say Ric isn't that good. Maybe overrated might be the right word, and spare me the history lesson :flabbynsic: I'm not talking about his mic work, his presence or any of that. I'm talking about technical skills.

Don't bring up the Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, etc matches because they could work with anybody. The dusty matches was classic i'll give u that, and I grew up watching NWA and midsouth. It just seems like most of the people that crown him the goat are the people that Meltzer came of age with

sorry if i don't like chop fests
:manny:

YOU REALLY WANT TO GO THERE BREH?

HOLLYWOOD HOE-GAN AIN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE THE NATURE BOY ENDED HIS COLI LIFE

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
They said Flair could have a 3* match with a broomstick......I believed it.

We cant let the fact that Flair prob wrestled 15 Years past his prime. Hes prob the best heel ever because he understanded the heels role in the grand scheme of the buisness. Always knew how to make the babyface look good and put them over. Without Flair you best believe theres no Stinger...

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Part of it is era too. When Flair was on the come up and having his best matches you weren't getting to see every single match of his. They were catered to traveling from town to town, so you could wrestle the same match every night since the fans in the building that night had never seen it. So it would be hard for him to adjust to that as he got older he probably didn't adjust to the fact that people have way more access to previous matches and can see it's the same match. Still as formulaic as Flair could be he still always entertained.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Steamboat and Funk could have great matches with anyone like I stated in the first post. The sting, Ronnie, and lex luger matches was great I'll give u that 1 but I think some of flairs matches didn't make sense.

besides macho man, name me a classic steamboat match?