Can we talk sociocultural reparations?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
So I caught a bit of the hearing on reparations/HR 40 earlier (catching the rest later) and this year... Making 400 years in the US, and this day... Being Juneteenth, really make me think of another debt I feel we're owed, but to ourselves-- repairing, reclaiming and/or self determining our cultural values. I'm not a Muslim but I respect the NOI a lot in that regard, a large part of their mission was self determination in all facets of life (food/health, religion, culture, business, identity, etc) and by extension, the community.

I'm just curious what (if anything) those kinda 'reparations' would mean or look like for y'all. My base is letting go of the concept and identity of being a 'nikka', letting go of anti-black language like 'c00n', 'sambo', etc. Let ALL that bullshyt go in 2019 brehs :blessed: I could get a lot more radical with it but the words we use to identify ourselves and one another have a serious effect on our own esteem and we'd go a long way by ridding ourselves of toxic terminology that was forced on us. Add on :ehh: