Can you deadlift more than Jessica?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easily but im not taking away from her lift simply cuz a man twice her size can do more.

I will take away from it cuz its sumo. I dont understand why people lift sumo honestly. The benefits of regular deadlifts > sumo

Sumo is more glute dominate (ie female favorable), also much more favorable on the lower back due to a shorter range of motion for most people.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Today, out the gym for a for a few months, probably not.

Also, it's not clear how much she's lifting but assuming its 315, I've done it.

Still very impressive for a girl her size. Even for a regular guy 315 is solid. But say for a guy who's about that lifting life, it wouldn't be considered impressive.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Deads might be the easiest exercise to look “strong” on which is why you also see the most :flabbynsick: cats doin em with weight. I see high school kids do semi heavy dead’s with some regularity.

From my experience as a certified gym gawd, overhead/military presses is the biggest indicator of overall strength because mfs avoid them shyts like the plague so when someone does do them proper then chances are they hitting everything else just as proper, as far as what I’ve seen...:yeshrug:
It’s definitely something your can use technique to pull more weight than other lifts.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I was throwing up 315 conventional reps back in Feb before Rona. I'm pretty sure I can do 380+ if I switched to sumo deadlifts but I never got the chance to try it. I have a fukked up knee so I was taking it slow since October last year. I hadn't deadlifted 12 years before that. I was doing around 325lbs at 16 years old back then.