Canelo: I'd Love To Face Mayweather, It Would Be Much Different!

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) would love the opportunity to avenge his only career defeat.

The Mexican superstar is preparing for his hugely anticipated bout with IBO, IBF, WBA, WBC middleweight king Gennady Golovkin on September 16, but is intent on one day getting the chance to face and beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26 KOs) in order to even up the only blemish in the loss column of his pro record.

Canelo was dominated over twelve rounds when he faced Mayweather in 2013 at a catch-weight of 152, but the popular Mexican boxer been on a tear ever since with wins over Miguel Cotto, Erislandy Lara, Liam Smith, James Kirkland, Alfredo Angulo, Amir Khan and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

mayweather-canelo%20(14).jpg

All hope of a rematch was killed in 2015, when Mayweather retired from the sport.

But now that Mayweather is coming out of retirement (again) to fight UFC superstar Conor McGregor on August 26, Canelo is holding out hope of getting his rematch.

"It's not in my current plans, but yes, if the opportunity arose, yes I would love to remove that thorn that I have," Canelo told Omnisport. "And I can tell you it would be much different than it was years ago."

Canelo was just 23 when he fought Mayweather, and despite having wins over Shane Mosley, Austin Trout and Alfonso Gomez on his record, he says he didn't have the experience to match the boxing ability and defensive skilles of Floyd.

"I'm a fighter with much more experience and more confidence in the ring," Canelo said. "I have learned a lot since then. Last time I think it was the experience that might have won me over, but the fight would be very different this time around."

Their Showtime Pay-Per-View fight was a major hit, with 2.2 million pay-per-view buys - which is the third biggest buyrate for a boxing event in history. Only Mayweather's pay-per-view bouts with Manny Pacquiao (2015) and Oscar De La Hoya (2007) are hovering above.

Canelo would still be stupid enough and try to out box Floyd.:mjlol:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Canelo would probably have a better showing but I still don't see him beating Mayweather if they fought again.