"Canibus Is A Genius & His Artistry Makes Him 1 Of Hip Hop's Greats" - The Guardian (Article Inside)

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My junior high school class, wish I stayed there
Illegal entrepreneur, I got my grades there

Blaming society, mad, it wasn't made fair
I would be Ivy League if America played fair
Poor excuse,
and so I was
Throwing rocks at the pen just for the love
Before the evil,the secret life of G's
You seeing my blurry, triple beam dreams

these are bars with a purpose. Take "poor excuse; and so I was" right here and it doesn't look like anything flashy but it serves a wide purpose in the context of the song

1. Nas is saying that he is a poor excuse for a righteous human because of his past as a crack dealer that poisoned his own people and felt no remorse
2. Nas is saying that his expectation that America as a society would "play fair" is a poor excuse for his own past, that allowing society to influence him in such a negative way is a mistake that he regrets
3. It introduces the next bar as a continuation of the narrative, "and so I was throwing rocks at the pen..." Which itself is a dope metaphor

good writing has a PURPOSE, it forwards action, tells a story, adds context to a narrative

it isn't "im unpaassable like a simulateous forwards backwards lateral" my breh. that's just a steaming pile of shyt

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My junior high school class, wish I stayed there
Illegal entrepreneur, I got my grades there

Blaming society, mad, it wasn't made fair
I would be Ivy League if America played fair
Poor excuse,
and so I was
Throwing rocks at the pen just for the love
Before the evil,the secret life of G's
You seeing my blurry, triple beam dreams

these are bars with a purpose. Take "poor excuse; and so I was" right here and it doesn't look like anything flashy but it serves a wide purpose in the context of the song

1. Nas is saying that he is a poor excuse for a righteous human because of his past as a crack dealer that poisoned his own people and felt no remorse
2. Nas is saying that his expectation that America as a society would "play fair" is a poor excuse for his own past, that allowing society to influence him in such a negative way is a mistake that he regrets
3. It introduces the next bar as a continuation of the narrative, "and so I was throwing rocks at the pen..." Which itself is a dope metaphor

good writing has a PURPOSE, it forwards action, tells a story, adds context to a narrative

it isn't "im unpaassable like a simulateous forwards backwards lateral" my breh. that's just a steaming pile of shyt

Just come back on here, see you've typed nothing but irrelevant drivel. Nas' bars have nothing to do with the K-Rino ones. Firstly the fact you don't get that pretty simple line exposes your lack of intelligence, secondly it's clear deflection you picking out that 1 bar. Start off on a song by song basis and then I will add more songs, tell me why The Debate lyrics were poor?. Lol dumb motherfukkers always expose themselves when it comes to substance. So do you think you know more than DJ Premier, Scarface, Z-Ro, T-La Rock & Killer Mike now?. All you've demonstrated is a lack of knowledge historically and presently.

Such ignorant shyt, you can't be serious. The Debate or The Session didn't have a purpose?

I was gonna post more K-Rino songs with a purpose but there's just too many...

Anybody who claims they know about lyrics but doesn't consider K-Rino a GREAT lyricist doesn't know about lyrics. It's as simple as that, he's probably the greatest lyricist of all time.

Trolls always wanna deflect anyway, this thread supposed to be about Canibus.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does "my level is unpssable like a simultaneous forwards backwards lateral" do to forward the overarching narrative in his music, the story he's trying to tell in the song or the picture he's trying to paint

what is a simultaneous forwards backwards lateral and how does that make his level unpassable?break it down 4 me thx

You're a fukking idiot, you don't even seem to understand a simple braggadocios track unless you're trolling. This has been prevalent in Hip Hop from early days, many of the greats such as Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Canibus, Chino XL, KRS-One and countless others have songs where they talk about their skill. So it does contribute to the picture he's trying to paint. The whole song does as you can sense from the lyrical ability that he is a supreme lyricist which is obviously the objective of the song. But take that out of the equation and let's focus on the non braggadocios tracks then...

Not to mention there's like whole long ass in depth posts about K-Rino songs in the Deprogrammed thread or the Changing Lives thread, go dig them threads up if you want, there's lyrics there and you can try explain your "points" there and we can see what's good. Even though it's already obvious what the deal is.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never met a Canibus fan in real life. I been with hood dudes, hippity-hop, squares, and all that. Not one fan.

Then you don't know that many Hip Hop fans, cause I know MAD Canibus fans, infact he has a very solid hardcore fan base, if you don't know any Canibus fans you are either extremely young or haven't been around any Hip Hop individuals, which would make sense.

Last edited:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
i think 2000 BC, mic club, and rip the jacker are amazing but i haven't into any of his recent shyt. where should i start?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think 2000 BC, mic club, and rip the jacker are amazing but i haven't into any of his recent shyt. where should i start?

It depends what you like.

I thought Melatonin Magik had some INCREDIBLE work, some of his highest points ever to me. Was some all time classic very impressive joints.

I thought Lyrical Law was a solid at least 4 mic album.

C Of Tranquillity also has some shyt.

So I guess I'd start with those 3 but also these individual tracks...

Poet Laureate Infinity OG Version and the part 4 version.

C Of Tranquillity OG version.

Secrets Amongst Cosmonaut's

Phoenix Rise Outro

Undergods Roll with Keith Murray, if you like that maybe check the album.

He has some exceptional unreleased work too.

It all depends on preference. But are some suggestions there...

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
It depends what you like.

I thought Melatonin Magik had some INCREDIBLE work, some of his highest points ever to me. Was some all time classic very impressive joints.

I thought Lyrical Law was a solid at least 4 mic album.

C Of Tranquillity also has some shyt.

So I guess I'd start with those 3 but also these individual tracks...

Poet Laureate Infinity OG Version and the part 4 version.

C Of Tranquillity OG version.

Secrets Amongst Cosmonaut's

Phoenix Rise Outro

Undergods Roll with Keith Murray, if you like that maybe check the album.

He has some exceptional unreleased work too.

It all depends on preference. But are some suggestions there...

good looks :salute: