CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
514JIcV4RPL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Variety recently caught up with Marvel movie head Kevin Feige to talk a little bit about his schedule, and working to get Phase Two off the ground. He was also asked about the whether or not he thought the superhero movie was just a fad. He said he didn't believe that the genre is a fad, because each one is so different. He then compared the first Captain America movie to the next one, which is about to start shooting. "Our first Captain America film was a World War II picture, and the next is a political thriller. They all have their own textures and patinas, and that's what is exciting about it," Feige explained.

A number of actors have been confirmed to join Cap in his next solo adventure. Anthony Mackie and Emily VanCamp are the new comers to the Marvel world. They will be joined by vets Sebastian Stan, Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson. Haley Atwell will also be a part of the movie, but will only be a cameo/flashback. The film will start filming sometime in April, and is slated for an April 4, 2014 release date.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Cap was my favorite of the stand alone movies so far. Cant wait for this. Marvel feeding us well with these Phase 2 movies :lawd:

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robert Redford added to cast

Robert Redford Eyes Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Superhero Hype

There's a surprising bit of Marvel Universe casting news today as Deadline reports that Robert Redford is the latest name to enter talks to star in Anthony and Joe Russo's Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He would play a high-ranking agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Already set to star Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell and Maximiliano Hernández, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is said to be a political thriller inspired by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting's acclaimed arc in the comics.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
winter soldier was what brought cap back to the table i remember the writers were beastin at the time it was happening esp with daredevil

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
probably a tease in this one and have him fully return in 3 :thumbsup:

Weaving has publicly said he doesn't want to be involved with any sequels. He went on some rant a while ago about how he hates doing genre films.

I never understood why so many people were praising his performance anyway. I felt like his Red Skull was the worst thing about the last film honestly. They toned that character down WAY too much.

Red Skull is supposed to be a racist sociopath with a god complex. They didn't even have the balls to use actual Nazi's.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Weaving has publicly said he doesn't want to be involved with any sequels. He went on some rant a while ago about how he hates doing genre films.

I never understood why so many people were praising his performance anyway. I felt like his Red Skull was the worst thing about the last film honestly. They toned that character down WAY too much.

Red Skull is supposed to be a racist sociopath with a god complex. They didn't even have the balls to use actual Nazi's.

they spared us extra storytelling, as he progressed he eventually began to loathe hitler and the third reich, untill he just hated all beings equally, having his look be the product of an unfinished super soldier serum and hitler banishing him to the alps because he no longer reflected aryan protection was the better way to go

smh@ how he hates franchises then wtf is he doing in the hobbit movies?

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
It's plenty of other actors who'd be willing to play Red Skull.

Who needs him when Scarlett Johanssen has just signed on to be in this film.

:ahh:

:blessed: