Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I'm so fukking excited about this movie! The reaction here is the same reaction many of yall had to Wonder Woman. Whether you like it or not, there's a gaping need for more female superheroes. The fake outrage about her being over powered is hilarious. It's a super hero comic. They're all over powered. Dr. Strange's powers are RIDICULOUS. But I love him, and it's a cool character. If Dr. Strange was a woman though people would be hemming and hawing about a feminist agenda even though having super powers like that has nothing to do with real life and biological capabilities because it's not humanly possible to do any of this shyt. So why the outrage when it's given to a woman? Especially when you already have hundreds of overly powered males? Just stop.

The problem is with the actress.

1. she is unathletic . even the young chicks in spider-man had better muscle definition. she looks like a sack of potato mush. NOTE: I don't mean muscles. I mean form and posture and definition - all of which gadot had. look at her introduction as an MCU cast member at comic-con. Her shoulders are narrower than her waist which is anti-typical for the physical heroic form

2. she doesn't exude dynamism.
3. she is being pushed as a archetype where her qualifying attributes are her phenotype. looking "like" a certain cast alone should not be enough. for the record I also think Boseman is sub-par so it ain't about "that".
4. lacks charisma in all the interviews that I have seen of her.

I have no issue with powerful female characters.

My favourite comic was the X-men during Claremont's time. In the X-Men the females were typically the most powerful heroes - the ones that had the elemental type powers. Polaris, Pheonix/Marvel Girl, Storm, Binary. Storm was the leader of the X-Men and the Morlocks. Dark Pheonix took on everyone. Lilandra was leader of the Shiar. Anyone remember Polaris vs. the Reavers? True comic fans have been waiting for a proper representation of the X-Men for years where Wolvie is relegated and others like Storm, Jean Gray (and admittedly Cyclops - who storm beat) take centre-stage.

Byrne did similar things during his writing and I am a fan of his work too. When he joined FF he moved Invisible Girl to Invisible Woman (Fantastic Four Vol 1 284) and made her the most powerful team member. Byrne is the one that had Doom himself state that Sue was the most powerful - ("It has been said on numerous occasions, including by the Fantastic Four's greatest opponent, Doctor Doom, that Susan Storm is the single-most powerful member of the quartet and she is one of the few beings able to rupture the shell of a Celestial" [Invisible Woman - Wikipedia] ) . Byrne created Frankie Raye who he made into Herald of Galactus Nova who was vastly more powerful than The Human Torch (who has similar powers) - Nova (Frankie Raye) - Wikipedia .

Byrne is in many ways like James Cameron (both Canadian) who again likes to work with dominant female personalities - Terminator, Aliens something that I have noted and am a fan of.

The problem with Captain Marvel is not the character and NOT her power levels. Captain Marvel (well Danvers) became Binary (major power upgrade) in X-men when they were battling the Brood. She single-handedly saved the X-men butts and freed the Acanti - see https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-uncanny-x-men-166-live-free-or-die/4000-22882/ and fans approved of all of this.

Also in particular..

They're all over powered. Dr. Strange's powers are RIDICULOUS. But I love him, and it's a cool character. If Dr. Strange was a woman though people would be hemming and hawing about a feminist agenda even though having super powers like that has nothing to do with real life and biological capabilities because it's not humanly possible to do any of this shyt.

Nonsense. The Ancient One in the same movie was more powerful than Strange. Did you see numerous (or even any) complaints about her being a woman on here? Scarlet Witch is one of the most powerful Avengers. Did you see anyone complaining about her feats in Infinity War? Nope. The movie in-joke was "why was she up there all this time" i.e. "she is so powerful she could have a major effect on this battle". Did you see any complaints about her? Nope. Why? Because her character is reasonably comic accurate and the actress fits the role. Scarlet Witch stood up to Thanos' assault one-on-one better than any other character and actually momentarily forced him back. Complaint count: zero.

--

Sure there are misogynists around BUT to claim that objections (the bulk of them) are down to her gender is misplaced.

CM is Marvel's first real misstep (since right at the start when they were finding their footing with the Hulk).

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
The Captain Marvel hate is unwarranted...

I get it, Brie is basic, whatever...y'all really outchea sounding like vindictive high school girls, praying for failure.
:theymadcap:
But this train ain't stopping for nobody!!

Can't wait til she punches Thanos right in his scrotum chin.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
New page and same old shyt from @Bryan Danielson complaining about mythical shyt :mjlol:

Yes and No

New page and INDEED same ol shyt.... just on the flip side and no one in here complaining about nothing. I aint call out your boys or anyone else or call out to a mod to make someone stop doing something that "I'm fake mad" about

giphy.gif

Unlike other places there are no "victims" in here.

So no need to be dramatic or lie. All good here:smugclarkkent:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Neck beards had all the same to say about Gal Gadot. Wonder Woman ended up being a hit.

Yep, nothing mythical or "no make believe" about that:skip:

The Captain Marvel hate is unwarranted...

I get it, Brie is basic, whatevet...y'all really outchea sounding like vindictive high school girls, praying for failure.
:theymadcap:
But this train ain't stopping for nobody!!

Can't wait til she punches Thanos right in his scrotum chin.

Basically.... shyt the promo tour alone with Sam L gonna help this gain whatever hype it needs. Sam L always gets cats hyped up

Martha

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For BO use Box Office Mojo .

For Ratings?
RottenTomatoes?
Metacritic?

What happens in a split decision?
Whichever one you want. I'm assuming the scores will be similar on all of them.

If it's split (one makes more money, one is rated higher) we can just leave it alone I guess.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Whichever one you want. I'm assuming the scores will be similar on all of them.

If it's split (one makes more money, one is rated higher) we can just leave it alone I guess.

Ok Rotten Tomatoes and BoxOfficeMojo. Split decision (win+loss) means no winner. Win/Draw = win for the Win side.

Past results:

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe films - Wikipedia

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe films - Wikipedia

--

DC Extended Universe - Wikipedia

DC Extended Universe - Wikipedia

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:mjlol:

This shyt is definitely a personal bet between you 2 and no one else.

Personally

I think both movies will be pretty good and wouldnt be surprised if Aquaman does better at the box office since he's more established and people know him Jason more than Brie off the strength of JL and GOT.

I myself didnt even know who Brie was till this movie got announced. Only other movie I saw her in was Free Fire and before that Scott Pilgrim..... which I didnt even know she was in that movie till someone mention that like last year or so.

But we'll see

Martha

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

This shyt is definitely a personal bet between you 2 and no one else.

Personally

I think both movies will be pretty good and wouldnt be surprised if Aquaman does better at the box office since he's more established and people know him Jason more than Brie off the strength of JL and GOT.

I myself didnt even know who Brie was till this movie got announced. Only other movie I saw her in was Free Fire and before that Scott Pilgrim..... which I didnt even know she was in that movie till someone mention that like last year or so.
But we'll see

Martha
She'll get that Avengers rub. Especially when they show her swagging in the next trailer. :lolbron: