Cardi B Reaches No. 2 on Billboard Hot 100. Makes History!

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
If Cardi goes #1, Nicki is going to be pissed. Nicki Minaj has never gone number one solo. Only Lauryn Hill has done it...

cardi-b-bodak-no2.jpg

Brief

Cardi B is in reaching distance of the #1 spot. Literally. The reality star turned real rap star is enjoying colossal success with her single ‘Bodak Yellow,’ which this week has climbed to a new peak on the US chart.

Full

In the newly publicized edition of the Billboard Hot 100, it’s been revealed that ‘Yellow’ has moved #3 to #2. By doing so, the track officially makes history. For, it has become tied with Nicki Minaj‘s ‘Anaconda’ as the highest charting solo female rap song of the decade.

Its numbers will be expanded on in our upcoming Chart Check, but what is immediately clear to see is that Cardi is on the cusp of staging a major unseating. Take from that what you will. She has her work cut out for her given the stiff competition from the likes of Taylor Swift and Sam Smith.

But never say never.

I think she's mad corny :russ:but congrats on shorty's success :yeshrug:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
when she performed this at MoMA PS1 :wow:

please explain to me how people are sheep for getting down with a cardi b song? :what:

6 months ago, NO ONE gave a fukk about cardi b. and for the record, she had 3 or 4 joints that slapped back then too. but no, she was another bum-ass LNHH rapper trying to get on or reclaim whatever was left of their career. aka irrelevant. like damn-near the entire cast of the show, outside of the fukkery they create ON the show.

seriously. name 5 artists on ALL the LNHH shows who are still taken seriously as artists. Remy, A1 + Lyrica (on the writer/production side), and... shyt, that's all I got.

now Bodak Yellow is one of the biggest songs in the country, and it's because people are sheep.

i swear it's like some of y'all nikkas don't go outside.
"Baaaaaaaaaaaa"

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
People love to complain, nintendo could have no said anything.

I think people had there minds made up that they were going to get an smash announcement

I don't get the song's hype either. IMO, today's generation buys more into image than content & Cardi seems to have a likeable personality.

I dont get you people. Since y'all don't like the song. No one else can Really like at you have put your narrative on everyone else.

Cardi has ALOT of songs. This one caught fire because its good music.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I dont get you people. Since y'all don't like the song. No one else can Really like at you have put your narrative on everyone else.

Cardi has ALOT of songs. This one caught fire because its good music.

I never said that nobody can like the song. I said that I didn't understand the hype. I wasn't even being shady...just honest. Get out of your feelings.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I thought this song was gonna be number 1, how did it not make it there yet. I guess its not gonna make it there after all, number 2 is still good though, good for her and her writers.
Backhanded ass compliment :heh:

Number two is great, the shyt is the second biggest song in the country battling Taylor Swift for number one. You expected this shyt to be this popular. Top 40 sure, but number one?

And whose her writers? She said she don't got one and people have vouched for her working and studying her craft and being serious in the studio.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Backhanded ass compliment :heh:

Number two is great, the shyt is the second biggest song in the country battling Taylor Swift for number one. You expected this shyt to be this popular. Top 40 sure, but number one?

And whose her writers? She said she don't got one and people have vouched for her working and studying her craft and being serious in the studio.
Backhanded how? All I know is peoople were saying she was gonna be number 1. She is not number 1 but I applaud her and number 2 in the country is fukking tremendous. As for her writers trust me she has ghostwriters. If you dont think so then your being decieved but someone, probably some blood nikkas been writing her bars.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown: WTF!!!! this song is WACK, 3/4 of it I cant understand. She is no MC, Remy would drag this bytch in a battle.

This song is way overhype as in the same realm as Young Ma and Bobby Smurda. NY trying too hard to come back. In a few months you will forget about this song. Years from now this song wont hold the same fanfare as it is now....smh

The OG scumbag with a mouthpiece speaks. Even Skeets don't cosign mixed race thots making music.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Now Nicki knows how Kim felt and she's still in her prime...

Meek need to pull up and do a duet :lolbron:

Wayne getting washed by Lil Uzi Vert
flabbyweezy

Drake gettin washed by Kendrick,
snugdrizzy

Nicky gettin washed by Cardi B
nicki-face.png

Young Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolah bayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeee
rsz_2mxh8d9d.png

2017 is fukkery unchained. The rap game flipped upside down since 2015 (which felt like yesterday) :picard:

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Cardi can dance, she went to a school for musical theater and has done acting , she funny, she rap, she went to college :mjpls:
She cant dance.

Idc what she went to school for.

She's not funny she's just loud and doesn't give a fukk what comes out her mouth and people like how it sounds coming from her.

Those not her Bars or flows.

Show me some acting roles.

Take that cape off.:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they are the reason that song is #2.....when will people grasp this fact about billboard top 10?

"They" take their cues from the streets, black twitter, ETC.

If someone tried to break this record on the white radio station they would never understand it.

We made it cool, we made the memes, the jokes, the dancing videos. "We" being the black influencers that we are. This shyt was scortching on the streets being played by moving cars way before the CAC establishment knew what it was.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Went running to listen to the shyt to see what all the hype is about..:ohhh:

Now I must say, this is terrible..this is way below the tough Nyc standards we used to. This is infact garbage..sounds like a throwaway atl demo.

NYC can never win with anyone:heh:

If we keep it NYC it's outdated...

If we add an 808, we are somehow copying

The criteria is ridiculous:mindblown:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
"They" take their cues from the streets, black twitter, ETC.

If someone tried to break this record on the white radio station they would never understand it.

We made it cool, we made the memes, the jokes, the dancing videos. "We" being the black influencers that we are. This shyt was scortching on the streets being played by moving cars way before the CAC establishment knew what it was.

this is true but it's on waayyy smaller scale/level. The urban audience is always the first buzz while the white crowd takes you to another stratosphere