Carrie c00n fans rejoice....The White Lotus Season 3 .... HBO 2025

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished, thought it was solid :ehh:, but not at the level of hype I had been hearing about. Especially all the Emmy nominations it got :picard: , although a lot of the themes are catnip for Emmy voters.

I will agree the score was :wow: and helped to amplify some of the lower stakes. From a comedic standout Shane and his feud with the manager was the highlight for me.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Shea butter Twitter don't like this show because it's just rich white folks being messy. The second season seems to be nothing but more of that.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shea butter Twitter don't like this show because it's just rich white folks being messy. The second season seems to be nothing but more of that.
Really?
I didn't see that at all on Twitter. That's a bad look.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
That's the whole point though. You're supposed to hate the rich white people.

I thought the way they treated the Native Hawaiians in the first season was really on point. The one girl being so desperate for work that she hid the fact that she was pregnant, and the guy who is forced to work dancing for tourists for the same company that stole his land and impoverished his family. Most media avoids the truth of how things actually are here, but they didn't shy away from it at all. The whole point was the contrast to show how entitled and out of touch rich white people are.

This is the only other depiction of Hawaiians on TV that I actually liked. :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Reason why I didn't bother rewatching white lotus:
Didn't care for how Sydney Sweeney treated her brother, if she was my older sister, we throwing the fair one.
I don't care how successful of a career woman/influencer the mom is, you will honor your wifely duties in the bedroom or we will get a divorce.

With that aside, I can't wait for the premiere tonight