Cavs Coach Speaks on who Kyrie Irving Idolizes

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i think trying to be like kobe is an easier goal to shoot for than trying to be like lebron. it makes sense for kyrie to want to emulate kobe.

kobe was a traditional 2 guard with a great offensive arsenal and never met a shot he didn't like. on defense he was very good when locked in, but never really played out of position. facilitating the offense, assists, and rebounding wasn't kobe's focus. kobe had killer instinct though, it's just something you're either born with or not.

lebron on the other hand is a generational player in that he can legitimately play 4 positions on both sides of the ball at a very high level. even the 5 in a pinch. plus his athleticism is just ridiculous. you can't coach someone to have the talents bron has. trying to be very good at 4 positions just isn't a realistic goal for most players. what lebron lacks in killer instinct he makes up in bball iq.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Cann't wait til LeBron's generation comes to the league.
We'll have PGs that actually care about running offenses and passing, team play, and making the smart play , not the hero play.
:blessed:
his "generation" is already in the league. Most of these young cats aren't trying to emulate his style of play

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did @CantStop even get you a jersey? What your benefits looking like, I know he can't be paying you that much :jbhmm:

You been jumping up and down for a minute, you want a 1 v 1? We gonna do this or what breh?
Seeing as you stan a dl nikka I'm scared to tell you to pull up with them dikks:dame:
as far as a jersey when you official it needs not be said. You go against one of us u go against all

You talking about how you have a great post game is just as likely as Brian Windshorst being active in anything besides eating:hubie:

Ya days riding for JoJo is over:camby:
Even cursed my fellow GO playa Jabari:pacspit:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
his "generation" is already in the league. Most of these young cats aren't trying to emulate his style of play

I was just coming to say this same thing. Lebron has been in the league for almost 15 years and is in his 30s. Some of these guys was barely out of diapers when the lakers 3 peated, so you would think they care more about lebron. Kobe's style of "hero ball" will always be more popular than lebron's "all round play"

Michael Jordan was the one who brought the "hero without a cape" aura to the forefront of basketball media and his prime was 20+ years ago. If hero ball didn't die by now especially with triple doubles becoming more of a "thing" ie Westbrook, it will never die.

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Seeing as you stan a dl nikka I'm scared to tell you to pull up with them dikks:dame:
as far as a jersey when you official it needs not be said. You go against one of us u go against all

You talking about how you have a great post game is just as likely as Brian Windshorst being active in anything besides eating:hubie:

Ya days riding for JoJo is over:camby:
Even cursed my fellow GO playa Jabari:pacspit:

Go against one of yall? Breh, I only go at @CantStop, I wasn't sure which underboss you were and had to look at your avi to remember which henchman you were. Yall Ginyu force generic ass LWO posters trying to ride @CantStop's wave are nothing more than Smush Parkers and it breaks my heart to see him have to ride with such a garbage team.

Yall better hope he stays in LWO and doesn't leave again, if it weren't for him I wouldn't even be responding to you right now :mjgrin: Nobody tells me anything about JoJo, especially not some crusty LWO poster with struggle Brian Windhorst jokes, work on your reply game some more before you post that next reply Medvedenko :pacspit:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's not much too take away from Lebron's game. he has no signature moves, skilled footwork techniques, etc. like a Kobe or Hakeem...what he has is freak athleticism, and that is something you cant teach. It would make no sense for a PG to want to play like him, athletic PF's like Ben Simmons might wanna emulate his style of play. But he has no real distinguished skills. Players go to Kobe for footwork, Hakeem for footwork, Duncan for footwork...what do you got to LeBron for?..being a 6'8 physical specimen with PG skills?

ShoryukenHaduken

All Star
Daps
Demar
Kyrie
Booker
Are just the start of guys who likes kobe

All shoot first pass 60th players

Lebrons game just isn't fun cause u don't get to just shoot

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Past or Present?

Who went #1 again in the last draft that looks up to lebron????
lebronjames-bensimmons.jpg

screen-shot-2015-12-04-at-85425-pmpng-578844b0da20389c.png

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just coming to say, lebron has been in the league for almost 15 years and is in his 30s. Some of these guys was barely out of diapers when the lakers 3 peated, so you would think they care more about lebron. Kobe's style of "hero ball" will always be more popular than lebron's "all round play"

Michael Jordan was the one who brought the "hero without a cape" aura to the forefront of basketball media and his prime was 20+ years ago. If hero ball didn't die by now especially with triple doubles becoming more popular, it will never die.

Yea players want that Jordan or Kobe aura

That killer instinct

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just coming to say this same thing. Lebron has been in the league for almost 15 years and is in his 30s. Some of these guys was barely out of diapers when the lakers 3 peated, so you would think they care more about lebron. Kobe's style of "hero ball" will always be more popular than lebron's "all round play"

Michael Jordan was the one who brought the "hero without a cape" aura to the forefront of basketball media and his prime was 20+ years ago. If hero ball didn't die by now especially with triple doubles becoming more of a "thing" ie Westbrook, it will never die.

Don't forget about iverson too.

Players look up to him

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Don't forget about iverson too.

Players look up to him

Yup and iverson had tha same hero ball style. In fact Iverson hero ball is just as remembered as kobe considering how small iverson was. Lebron would tell you pound for pound iverson is the greatest.

Pound-for-pound, probably the greatest player who ever played," James said of Iverson, who will retire in a Sixers pregame ceremony ahead of Wednesday's home opener against the defending champion Heat.

LeBron: Iverson is pound-for-pound champ

Hero ball will always be a thing, always.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Kobe was a 2 guard.....what part of brons game resembles that of Kyrie's in position or style:stopitslime:.......stop with the reaching, bron is a front court player that handles the rock ......why would kyrie liken his game to his:gucci:
nothing about that quote involves position on the court :comeon:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Past or Present?

Who went #1 again in the last draft that looks up to lebron????
lebronjames-bensimmons.jpg

screen-shot-2015-12-04-at-85425-pmpng-578844b0da20389c.png
literally one of the few players that it would make sense cause they are both tall PF's with elite coordination. This is a rarity though. Simmons also had an iffy jumper like Bron had for alot of his career so naturally the facilitator role makes sense. Otherwise, tall coordinate dudes coming out like Brandon Inram, Isacc, etc. not molding their games after Bron