Chadwick Boseman says T’Challa is the enemy in Black Panther

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
So ... when he's old and not able to be Black Panther, who is going continue the tradition?
His actions with the herbs had two purposes. One was to make sure no lowkey dissenters would give the plant to someone to challenge him. The other was to put a stop to the tradition of a line of Black Panthers. It ends with him in his eyes. And by the time he got old, earth would've been a black planet. Sound reasoning, imho.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
His actions with the herbs had two purposes. One was to make sure no lowkey dissenters would give the plant to someone to challenge him. The other was to put a stop to the tradition of a line of Black Panthers. It ends with him in his eyes. And by the time he got old, earth would've been a black planet. Sound reasoning, imho.
Try to conquer the world but Destroy an easily replicable plant that can create Super Soldiers en masse brehs:mjgrin:

Beyond securing a line of succession it was stupid and selfish.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Try to conquer the world but Destroy an easily replicable plant that can create Super Soldiers en masse brehs:mjgrin:

Beyond securing a line of succession it was stupid and selfish.
With the Wakandan tech he would've been able to take over the world regardless. You're looking at it from the point of view that giving a bunch of people that weren't 100% vetted the black panther plant would somehow not blow up in his face. He took a calculated risk with that, and I don't disagree with it.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
He didn’t lie. Marvel tried to pull the wool over our eyes

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
Just like I broke down in my review in the Black Panther Movie thread recently, this movie was very deep with the messages about Black Americans and Africans. Ryan really put in things that I feel went over Disney's head or they would said no for sure. Same with Jordan in "Get Out" as far as the messages. Killmonger represents The Black American Revolutionary Spirit. Chadwick was born in South Carolina and he even said that Him, Michael and Ryan all identified with Killmonger's frustration. Ryan was born in Oakland and Michael was born in Cali but raised on the Eastcoast in Jersey. They all of course have dealt with the American Experience of Racism and our specific History as Descendants of Slaves (DOS). Once you strip away some of the questionable things that were written to make the character feel more villainous then you will see Killmonger again was representative of the Black Struggle in America. T'Challa was a victim too, of his his own Country's politics and passiveness. I agree with the MLK/Malcolm parallel's but also T'Challa was more like Mandela or an African Leader or Politician. Killmonger was more like a Black Revolutionary because had the sense of urgency.

I'm happy the tide is turning, after the movie he was being demonized by some articles about his actions in the film but now people are seeing the truth of his overall goal of Black Liberation. That last line in the film has probably increased searches on "The Middle Passage" all over the net. Parents will have to explain to their kids the horrors of that history when they inquire about those words. Props to Chadwick for saying that. But I didn't see T'Challa as an Enemy. He had a good heart and was a good person but he needed to really listen to what his Cousin Erik was saying. They treated him as in outsider instead. I love that scene in the Afterlife when he screamed on his Father and the Ancestors. That was dope in saying he understood Erik was done wrong. Again this movie was deep to me and Yes I could tell a Black American wrote it because of the certain messages about our history being disconnected to Africa. Keep it 100, Vibraninum in the Hood would of shut sh!t down, lol. Police Brutality would of ended overnight in poor communities. If you some of you guys can't see Liberation in a Fictional Super Hero movie where anything is possible then forget about real life. Chadwick said in the Daily show, "There are no Villains in the film" when talking about Killmonger. Because he understands at the end of the day, T'Challa was spoiled and Killmonger came from the struggle.

erik-killmonger-pantera-negra_t.jpg

TommieSmithAP276.jpg

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE".............
Deep