Chadwick Boseman Stars in Director Reggie Hudlin's Young Thurgood Marshall Pic, 'Marshall (trailer

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
C1N6NzbUQAE23MJ.jpg

7:55 PM - 2 Jan 2017

Chadwick Boseman Stars in Director Reggie Hudlin’s Young Thurgood Marshall Pic, ‘Marshall’

Having already played Jackie Robinson and James Brown, Chadwick Boseman is taking on another real-life icon in a courtroom thriller about Thurgood Marshall.

Under the direction of Reginald Hudlin, Boseman stars as the legendary attorney in “Marshall,” a film that focuses on a case early in the career of the Supreme Court justice.

Via the press announcement: “As the nation teeters on the brink of WWII, a nearly bankrupt NAACP sends Marshall to conservative Connecticut to defend a black chauffeur against his wealthy socialite employer in a sexual assault and attempted murder trial that quickly became tabloid fodder. In need of a high profile victory but muzzled by a segregationist court, Marshall is partnered with Samuel Friedman, a young Jewish lawyer who has never tried a case. Marshall and Friedman struggle against a hostile storm of fear and prejudice, driven to discover the truth in the sensationalized trial which helped set the groundwork for the Civil Rights Movement to come.” Joining Boseman in front of the camera are Sterling K. Brown as Joseph Spell, the defendant at the center of the above case; Keesha Sharp will play Buster Marshall, Thurgood’s wife; and Josh Gad will play Samuel Friedman, the young Jewish lawyer who partners with Marshall on the case.

And based on the below tweet he posted to his account, it looks like Jussie Smollett is also part of the cast, playing Langston Hughes.

Had to go butt faced to be #LangstonHughes in #Marshall. Thank you @reghud for the opportunity. It's been a dream

CkeQa7yXEAASiNd.jpg

“Marshall” is being financed by China-based Super Hero Films, Ltd. with Paula Wagner (“Mission Impossible”) producing through her Chestnut Ridge Productions banner.

Hudlin, Jonathan Sanger, and Super Hero Films’ Jun Dong are also producing from a screenplay by trial lawyer Michael Koskoff and his son Jacob Koskoff.

The film is being produced with the full cooperation of the Thurgood Marshall and Samuel Friedman estates. Open Road Films has acquired U.S. rights.

No ETA at this time, but I’d expect a premiere in some time in 2017.

By the way, there’s a second movie featuring Marshall as a young lawyer that’s in the works. Lionsgate is developing an adaptation of Gilbert King’s Pulitzer Prize-winning book “The Devil in the Grove,” with Anton Corbijn to direct.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Lol they aren't even trying, they could have got Giancarlo esposito and put him in some fat make up

I guess Chadwick has got to eat but this looks like one of those flicks that will get poor marketing, limited release that no one sees or talks about..

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it REALLY let me down that Thurgood was a snitch for Hoover regarding Dr King.

I'll always respect him off the strength of Brown vs Board of Education, but dime dropping to that fakkit Hoover was so :scust:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Reginald hudlin and Josh gad in the same vicinity? That sounds like a recipe for failure

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Why you say that?:jbhmm:

The last thing of hudlins that I've liked was house party and everything since has been middling to crap, and every time I see Josh gad I get the urge to just drag him in the street and beat his ass. Doesn't help that i haven't liked anything he's been in from new girls to that movie with Kevin Hart.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
it REALLY let me down that Thurgood was a snitch for Hoover regarding Dr King.

I'll always respect him off the strength of Brown vs Board of Education, but dime dropping to that fakkit Hoover was so :scust:
where is the hard evidence that he drop dime on king to a man that could get that info better then mr hoover

jackson35

Banned
Daps
that' not evidence, that is at best speculation. this is proof positive that the new york times is not a credible paper, why would hoover depend on marshall on what is going in the movement when he was not a part of the radical element? hoover has a file on him because he think marshall is a commie

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
that' not evidence, that is at best speculation. this is proof positive that the new york times is not a credible paper, why would hoover depend on marshall on what is going in the movement when he was not a part of the radical element? hoover has a file on him because he think marshall is a commie
nikka I already embarassed your ass about this topic in the MLK thread, don't come into this thread with your caping, knowing I showed you Marshall's own words bragging about snitching.

Dr. King was becoming more militant before his death?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

not just the times breh.

Thurgood Marshall Had Secret Contact With FBI
(dikk Gregory commenting on it)

it is what it is breh. Black man with a cozy relationship with that bytch ass fakkit Hoover? Nah breh