Chance The Rapper outchea turning down $5 and $10 million label advances

Apex

Banned
Daps
there is literally no reason he should go to a label
he already has the services that labels would offer him. the exposure, placements, relationships, fanbase...
but how did he get all of those things without a labe--....:pachaha: lets not go out here asking too many questions
This information would shake up the music industry. Independent artists can eat, but there's a certain ceiling (I'd say Tech N9ne is the peak of independent music). Chance has broken that ceiling because he has all the resources the major artists do. I wonder what the key is to getting these resources.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Salute a real nikka like Young Dolph who REALLY represents the independant artists... not this fukk nigg who's plugged in with politicians, related to film makers, signed to the biggest company in the world..... This nikka supposed to impress me with his independent gimmick? fukkery

plus this fakkit named his album acid rap without knowing Esham has been claiming acid rap since 89.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Salute a real nikka like Young Dolph who REALLY represents the independant artists... not this fukk nigg who's plugged in with politicians, related to film makers, signed to the biggest company in the world..... This nikka supposed to impress me with his independent gimmick? fukkery

Yeah how dare this nikka use the resources he was born with to be successful :hhh:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Yeah how dare this nikka use the resources he was born with to be successful :hhh:

Tell ya boy stop acting like he's the poster child for the independant artist... that shyt is insulting to our intelligence and it's a GIMMICK

Chance the rapper the Same nikka as a cac who got the job cAuse his pops got the plug meanwhile he's acting like he got it from the mud... if we're just gonna be saluting nikkas for "independence" then Dolph is a goat

Nothing impressive about Chance the plant

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Tell ya boy stop acting like he's the poster child for the independant artist... that shyt is insulting to our intelligence and it's a GIMMICK

Chance the rapper the Same nikka as a cac who got the job cAuse his pops got the plug meanwhile he's acting like he got it from the mud... if we're just gonna be saluting nikkas for "independence" then Dolph is a goat

Ok

Charlie Sollers

All Star
Daps

Bruh, just and enjoy the music.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
This information would shake up the music industry. Independent artists can eat, but there's a certain ceiling (I'd say Tech N9ne is the peak of independent music). Chance has broken that ceiling because he has all the resources the major artists do. I wonder what the key is to getting these resources.
The key is having someone such as Jimmy Iovine at Apple being behind the new selling strategy...where you make the public believe that Chance is some against all odds/from the ground up success. It's not your typical 360 deal, but this could be the way to get the most out of these artists with established internet fame and a nice-sized core audience...and to lure more in.

Apex

Banned
Daps
The key is having someone such as Jimmy Iovine at Apple being behind the new selling strategy...where you make the public believe that Chance is some against all odds/from the ground up success. It's not your typical 360 deal, but this could be the way to get the most out of these artists with established internet fame and a nice-sized core audience...and to lure more in.
How does Jimmy benefit if Chance is "independent" then? Or are you implying he is secretly signed?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
He's a plant.
Real shyt my ninja, you got 24 hours to remove that Janelle Monae pic. She gonna marry me one day and that's all.

Just playing...I like her too dawg..

there is literally no reason he should go to a label
he already has the services that labels would offer him. the exposure, placements, relationships, fanbase...
but how did he get all of those things without a labe--....:pachaha: lets not go out here asking too many questions :heh:

They say you got to sell out to snatch the grammys :russ: