"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
shyt I wonder if the passing game is suffering due to Smitty and Brown being banged up? Quez turning into a great slot receiver.
Little bit of that but it's mainly going from a top 3 TE who can do everything to a bunch of spare parts who don't really do anything well. TE position has 2 catches for 5 yards in the last two games :dead:

Jalen, the OL & backs, and AJB/Smitty/Quez can do enough to secure that 1 seed the rest of the way, but it's imperative that Goedert is ready to go in January. He's the glue.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
If we win the Super Bowl, Winning won’t be the amazing thing. Winning with Gannon as DC will. I hate this nikka more than Covey.
I’m no fan of him either, but I don’t think Gannon was as bad last night as the score looks. Defense picked off Rodgers twice and limited Aaron Jones to 3.6 YPC. Three of the Packers scores came off: the offense failing to convert on 4th down and giving GB the ball at midfield, an AJ Brown fumble, and a 53 yard kick return, again giving GB a short field (Eagles held them to a FG here). Take those three away and the Packers lose 17 of their 33 points. I was much more worried about our defense coming off the Washington game than I was last night. Special teams worries me a hell of a lot more right now.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm not on the Gannon is ass train this season. I don't think I've complained about him one time. I've seen more execution issues than scheme issues. He needs his front four to dominate (like most DC's) to get his defensive scheme rolling. It's various reasons why that's been hit or miss, and the scheme isn't one of them.

I'm blaming execution first, second and third before I blame Gannon and the scheme this season. Players have routinely been in the right position but beat by a better offensive play or straight up whiffed on a tackle and it led to long ass gains. That's not scheme.

CW99

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm not on the Gannon is ass train this season. I don't think I've complained about him one time. I've seen more execution issues than scheme issues. He needs his front four to dominate (like most DC's) to get his defensive scheme rolling. It's various reasons why that's been hit or miss, and the scheme isn't one of them.

I'm blaming execution first, second and third before I blame Gannon and the scheme this season. Players have routinely been in the right position but beat by a better offensive play or straight up whiffed on a tackle and it led to long ass gains. That's not scheme.
Idk the middle of the field is always an issue with these guys. Whether its the runs up the middle or passes over the middle.I know people love TJ but something needs to change. Put Nakobe out there give him some experience.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Do yall think this season a failure if we don't make the superbowl? I don't but seeing these guys saying that is crazy to me. This wasn't an expectation year but growth to me
You should post this question to a member of the cowboys fanbase...they might be able to shed some light lol

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Do yall think this season a failure if we don't make the superbowl? I don't but seeing these guys saying that is crazy to me. This wasn't an expectation year but growth to me

a divisional round exit is 100% a failure. even a loss in the NFC champ game would be disappointing as fukk given how we've looked this year. them boys played themselves up to a full blown strong superbowl contender, it definitely isn't far fetched to say that it would be a failure if we miss the SB. expectations rise when you look as good as we do so we gotta live up to them now :manny:. howie's moves shows how all in we are this year.

CW99

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Nah i think its a major failure if we miss playoffs do to a catastrophic collapse in 2nd half of season or a minor dissapointment if we dont win 1 playoff game

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Anytime you don't reach the Super Bowl as a #1 seed it's a bitter disappointment :hubie:

We all thought we had another Reid/McNabb decade of deep runs with Doug/Wentz when they broke through in 2017 and we saw how that fell apart. If you told me the Alshon drop in New Orleans would be the farthest a Doug team ever got after the SB win I would've told you lay off them drugs :francis:

The team is technically ahead of schedule but when lightning strikes it strikes. That's why Howie made sure to grab the reinforcements in the trenches that he did.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
a divisional round exit is 100% a failure. even a loss in the NFC champ game would be disappointing as fukk given how we've looked this year. them boys played themselves up to a full blown strong superbowl contender, it definitely isn't far fetched to say that it would be a failure if we miss the SB. expectations rise when you look as good as we do so we gotta live up to them now :manny:. howie's moves shows how all in we are this year.
meh anyone can lose any time
you can argue the bucs shoulda beat LA last year for instance...even San Fran and Cinci had them on the ropes
But it was their

Making the NFC championship to me would be a realistic accomplishment. More than that is a crapshoot

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I think at the bare minimum Eagles have to make the NFC championship game.

Any given Sunday and all that but I think the only team in the NFC that can really hang with Philly right now is SF. Maybe the Cowboys if they have a game like they did against Minnesota.