Charles Barkley says Michael Jordan wouldn't give a dime to homeless people

Daps
Yes. There are tens of thousands of people in NYC with two jobs that are homeless. The way we look at people in poverty as if they've committed some ultimate sin that means they should live without the most basic human necessities is disgusting. But besides that, I don't give money to homeless people on the street anymore once my friends who worked or interned for different non-profits and other agencies told me that they had a lot of options at shelters (not that it's great) and that they keep track of people who are missing. So more often than not, that money is going to supporting a bad habit. I used to be that naive dude that would break whatever bread I had with anyone. I was working in NYC last summer literally walking into McDonalds and just leaving the money at the register and saying "get this dude whatever he wants." (I guess they notice the young black dude in the suit and feel that I'd have compassion because it was always me they came up to). But after looking at the stats, I just give the money to the orgs instead of the person directly.

:wtf: link?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Charles must be getting to the stage of life when you get real old and start telling the same stories over and over again.

at 7:00

:mjlol: mike had that look like "damn nikka you bout to put me out here like that" LOL at him readjusting in the seat trying to shield himself from the vulgarities

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Do homeless people buy shoes too? :mjpls:

okz6.png

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
:laugh:@not buying J's like it'll hurt MJ

them shyts sell out in 2 hours. there's a new generation of hypebeasts who didnt even watch jordan play who fiend for them

dude is a certified a$$hole but his brand isn't going anywhere

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/n...doesnt-mean-having-a-home.html?pagewanted=all

On many days, Alpha Manzueta gets off from one job at 7 a.m., only to start her second at noon. In between she goes to a place she’s called home for the last three years — a homeless shelter.

“I feel stuck,” said Ms. Manzueta, 37, who has a 2 ½-year-old daughter and who, on a recent Wednesday, looked crisp in her security guard uniform, waving traffic away from the curb at Kennedy International Airport. “You try, you try and you try and you’re getting nowhere. I’m still in the shelter.”

With New York City’s homeless population in shelters at a record high of 50,000, a growing number of New Yorkers punch out of work and then sign in to a shelter, city officials and advocates for the homeless say. More than one out of four families in shelters, 28 percent, include at least one employed adult, city figures show, and 16 percent of single adults in shelters hold jobs.

Mostly female, they are engaged in a variety of low-wage jobs as security guards, bank tellers, sales clerks, computer instructors, home health aides and office support staff members. At work they present an image of adult responsibility, while in the shelter they must obey curfews and show evidence that they are actively looking for housing and saving part of their paycheck.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
yes im aware but i'm talking about panhandlers.
i'm in the east bay a lot, and south bay for work. san jose is full of mexicans and ive yet to see one mexican beggar or panhandler anywhere. i know specific exits off 880 where people stand with their "hungry need help" signs, they're all white. and i never give them shyt.
I'm saying though, offer to wash my windows or pump my gas, dance..do SOMETHING. When I was first getting money on my own as a kid i would hook beggars up with dollars. Then I realized how many of them were jive and i'm not trying to distinguish between who's legit and who is just scamming, lazy, or trying to buy crack:camby:

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I usualy give homeless people a dollar or two and tell them very clearly to get food even though they'll prolly just buy cigarettes or alcohol.Unless I'm on W. 25th in Cleveland...no joke you'll run into a homeless broad that calls herself Queen Noteefah and she'll offer to gum you down for change.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I'm saying though, offer to wash my windows or pump my gas, dance..do SOMETHING. When I was first getting money on my own as a kid i would hook beggars up with dollars. Then I realized how many of them were jive and i'm not trying to distinguish between who's legit and who is just scamming or lazy :camby:
What the fukk is a dollar though? It's not going to hurt you. How much of a service is a dollar worth? Do it because it's the right thing to do not because you want to feel better about them earning it.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
:laugh:@not buying J's like it'll hurt MJ

them shyts sell out in 2 hours. there's a new generation of hypebeasts who didnt even watch jordan play who fiend for them

dude is a certified @sshole but his brand isn't going anywhere

This, MJ has no worries but on the object of hypebeasts, they have completely ruined the kicks for me and sneakers in general.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't condone the selfishness but he has a point. If you're homeless you should be able to take any job that gets you out of it (barring any physical/health issues).