Chi-raq Comes out on Dec 4th. You going to see it?

Are you going to see Chi-raq?

• Total voters

Imlinkin

Banned
Daps

Pro:

I'm a fan of Spike Lee. He tries to add depth and convey messages in his films --- msgs that admittedly go over the heads of most casual movie goers.

Edit: I want to see the brother Spike succeed. Best believe that Spike is the last of a dying breed and probably the closest thing we've seen to a a true black activist/film maker in the last 30 years.

Con:

I hate the name of this film, that it's focus is violence in my city with a damn sex strike as the solution ---a higher budget version of 'A Miami Tail", a straight to dvd flick starring Trina:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Pro:

I'm a fan of Spike Lee. He tries to add depth and convey messages in his films --- msgs that admittedly go over the heads of most casual movie goers.

Con:

I hate the name of this film, that it's focus is violence in my city with a damn sex strike as the solution ---a higher budget version of 'A Miami Tail", a straight to dvd flick starring Trina:

I'm going to see it definitely.

That Miami Tail movie:scust:

Fun fact my Aunt had a starring role in that movie. At exactly 0:49 in the trailer you can see her....

Imlinkin

Banned
Daps
Thats dope breh. Was she proud of being in the film or not really?

I'm going to see it definitely.

That Miami Tail movie:scust:

Fun fact my Aunt had a starring role in that movie. At exactly 0:49 in the trailer you can see her....

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Thats dope breh. Was she proud of being in the film or not really?

Eh she's older so she didn't really understand how popular Trina was at the time, she was proud of the message of the movie and she was happy that we were so interested in it. She said that Trina was cool but that she always showed up late and that it took hours for her to get her hair done. She said that Tweet and Missy Elliot showed up on set almost every day.

ALOT of the movie was ad-libbed. She said the dude who played the comic relief pretty much freestyled his own lines but he was so hilarious it was cool.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I saw a clip when Spike was on the Daily Show last night, and honestly it looked horrible, I wanted to change the channel just during the little clip, it was a group of women discussing the plan....His description of the movie left me cold too, and I think in the light of the latest 9 year olds murder, this whole thing looks worse.