China largest city on earth... Jing-Jin--Ji population 130million

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
My dude.. I play options on semi stocks in the stock market because it's my favorite sector. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Sony makes the best sensors and cameras. ARM(which was just acquired by nVidia) designs all the mobile chips. Literally.. every smartphone that's made since 2007 till now uses an ARM design, even the chips that are made in China. Huawei's(China's) most powerful mobile processor, Kirin, still isn't competitive with Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors. That's why the ALL the Chinese flagship phones use Qualcomm SoCs. Now let's look at Apple, whose A series chips has been shytting on Qualcomm every year for the past decade and it's not even close. Apple can literally use their 2020 chip in 2022 and still be competitive with whatever Qualcomm releases, so by default will still be better that what China as to offer. Apple, again, just revolutionized what the industry thought was possible from a passively cooled chip with the M1, moving the bar higher again... I mean c'mon man.. remember what I said about innovating vs copying? The first 90% is easy if the path is already walked.

You're losing credibility with statements like this.

Xiaomi, Huwaei, and Oppo are going after developing countries and they still have to compete with Korean manufactures in that space.. When China and India got 40% of the world's population it's just a numbers game.. As I alluded to in my previous post.. the margins are too small for Apple and to care about. It's a race to the bottom, just like $50 tablets and $200 laptops. Apple is taking home 66+% of the total profit of the WHOLE smartphone market. If 20 people have a combined wealth of $100, and 100 people have a combined wealth of $20, which market has the potential for more profit? A single company where the entry level model begins at $399... they don't sell $99 devices. They chose not to compete in that space, they weren't forced into that space to survive. The operating system all these Chinese phones run on was built and is still being maintained by Google. If you still don't get why China isn't #1 in tech then I don't know what to tell you my dude.

These aren't numbers or stats I'm pulling out my ass because I feel some type of way.. these are facts.

I showed you why Xi needs move on Taiwan if he doesn't want that $450B he greenlighted to push China to lead the world in tech by the end of this decade to burn.. The problem is, you don't understand that space so can't grasp how much of a significant roadblock it is to China's goal, why it needs to happen, and why the US would tap them on the knuckle if Xi felt brave enough. It's nothing like the HK situation. You think I'm just another dumb American talking out my ass because of entitled American arrogance. You'll understand with time though.

Deepmind says hi. I mean.. do you understand that Waymo by itself has the potential to become larger than Google? Do you understand how much of a steal Jeff got by purchasing Zoox for only $1.2B?

Do you understand tech?
MediaTek overtakes Qualcomm as No. 1 in China's smartphone processor market.

sigh

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Literally.. every smartphone that's made since 2007 till now uses an ARM design, even the chips that are made in China. Huawei's(China's) most powerful mobile processor, Kirin, still isn't competitive with Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors. That's why the ALL the Chinese flagship phones use Qualcomm SoCs.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Did you even read the post? We both agreed that China sells more smartphones, it would be silly for them to not use in-house processors as it's cheaper for them as opposed to sourcing Qualcomm chips.. it's part of the reason they're able to compete with Samsung in that $99-$300 price range.. but as I said, all Oppo, Xiaomi and Huwaei flagship devices ship with Qualcomm processors.

All China's chip makers still have to license ARM designs, which is now an American company. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Did you even read the post? We both agreed that China sells more smartphones, it would be silly for them to not use in-house processors as it's cheaper for them as opposed to sourcing Qualcomm chips.. it's part of the reason they're able to compete with Samsung in that $99-$300 price range.. but as I said, all Oppo, Xiaomi and Huwaei flagship devices ship with Qualcomm processors.

All China's chip makers still have to license ARM designs, which is now an American company. Do you see where I'm going with this?
weird how you keep bringing up ARM which isnt american. its british. and yes nvidia bought it, but then what does that even mean. ok lets say next year china buys it. then what? what does it even mean to you? im confused.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
weird how you keep bringing up ARM which isnt american. its british. and yes nvidia bought it, but then what does that even mean. ok lets say next year china buys it. then what? what does it even mean to you? im confused.
That's not how this works breh... The British government would never allow China to buy ARM. It's literally used for all mobile/smart/IOT devices in the world right now.. I mean shyt.. I'm surprised the DOJ even allowed Nvidia go through with the purchase as there are so many anti-trust red flags, but we're in a tech cold war right now and there are key moves being made to make sure China doesn't win. I only touched on the smartphone bit because that's a space they compete in, but a much bigger issue for China is that it has no answer to AMD, Nvidia and Intel on the CPU and GPU front which is the cornerstone of the Machine Learning and AI.

With the Nvidia's acquisition of ARM complete, the US now holds all the key components for future processing power and without that China literally cannot compete with the US in future tech(AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning).

TSMC is also going to build a fab in AZ, so we're finally starting to move fabs back state side(Intel doesn't count) instead of being solely dependent on Taiwan and South Korea.

Like I said, China's come up has been remarkable, but they still need our tech to compete with us and for them to keep advancing as a nation, and we now hold all the cards. We can stop sharing anytime we want. That's what leading is, that's real power. Notice how we don't even need to compare each country's military?

I don't care much for shytting on China, I just got tired of all these threads with weird perceptions of just powerful/advanced China is as a nation. They will eventually get to the #1 spot, but it wont be nearly as fast as people think it will, and when it does get there it will be a completely different China.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
That's not how this works breh... The British government would never allow China to buy ARM. It's literally used for all mobile/smart/IOT devices in the world right now.. I mean shyt.. I'm surprised the DOJ even allowed Nvidia go through with the purchase as there are so many anti-trust red flags, but we're in a tech cold war right now and there are key moves being made to make sure China doesn't win. I only touched on the smartphone bit because that's a space they compete in, but a much bigger issue for China is that it has no answer to AMD, Nvidia and Intel on the CPU and GPU front which is the cornerstone of the Machine Learning and AI.

With the Nvidia's acquisition of ARM complete, the US now holds all the key components for future processing power and without that China literally cannot compete with the US in future tech(AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning).

TSMC is also going to build a fab in AZ, so we're finally starting to move fabs back state side(Intel doesn't count) instead of being solely dependent on Taiwan and South Korea.

Like I said, China's come up has been remarkable, but they still need our tech to compete with us and for them to keep advancing as a nation, and we now hold all the cards. We can stop sharing anytime we want. That's what leading is, that's real power. Notice how we don't even need to compare each country's military?

I don't care much for shytting on China, I just got tired of all these threads with weird perceptions of just powerful/advanced China is as a nation. They will eventually get to the #1 spot, but it wont be nearly as fast as people think it will, and when it does get there it will be a completely different China.
The snub of Huawei and Nvidia's purchase of ARM were brilliant power moves. I'll give you that. They also fired Wu from ARM China which was another slap in the face. But this is the problem. They were content because they had ARM China. Now with them being snubbed, theyll now be motivated. That's all I'm saying.

Again the purchase was a great chess move. but that move just woke the dragon up even more. and they have the money and capabilities of doing it.
Arm's conflicts in China will complicate Nvidia's reported efforts to buy it from SoftBank

If you want to slow china down, include them. Give them things. They become complacent. As soon as you cut them off, they wake up very fast, and will not only mimic what you have but make it better. we think we can keep up with that monster but we really cant if they decided to go beastmode. thats all im saying. trying to have a cold war with them, when we're internally in shambles, and they have manpower unseen, is just not ideal. all I can see are Ls trying to go head up right now. We need to sort ourselves out fr

Last edited:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
The snub of Huawei and Nvidia's purchase of ARM were brilliant power moves. I'll give you that. They also fired Wu from ARM China which was another slap in the face. But this is the problem. They were content because they had ARM China. Now with them being snubbed, theyll now be motivated. That's all I'm saying.

Again the purchase was a great chess move. but that move just woke the dragon up even more. and they have the money and capabilities of doing it.
Arm's conflicts in China will complicate Nvidia's reported efforts to buy it from SoftBank

If you want to slow china down, include them. Give them things. They become complacent. As soon as you cut them off, they wake up very fast, and will not only mimic what you have but make it better. we think we can keep up with that monster but we really cant if they decided to go beastmode. thats all im saying. trying to have a cold war with them, when we're internally in shambles, and they have manpower unseen, is just not ideal. all I can see are Ls trying to go head up right now. We need to sort ourselves out fr

The problem is China is a monster of our own creation/greed. We fukked up back in the 70s when we decided to move manufacturing to China in exchange for cheap labor and cheaper goods. They started stealing our tech and we continued to look the other way as long as those pockets kept getting lined. This fukked us in the long term as it weakened the middle class and put a lot more people into debt/poverty. Coupled with wage stagnation, we now have a weaker/poorer/less-educated working-age population while the people at the top kept got fat. China chose to build infrastructure, advance their tech, grow their industries, and educate their population and they're still educating their top minds at our universities with money we gave them, while we burdened our kids with student loan debt because we thought it was a good idea to play monopoly with knowledge... something you can't buy with money... our only saving grace is that we're still seen as the country with the most "opportunity" so we can still attract top minds from other countries, but we will never be great again if we don't fix our current education/inequality/income gap issues. It goes against everything needed to maintain a strong economy/nation. China has 4x our population, there's only so long we can slow them down for unless we nuke them.

The next two decades should be quite interesting.. the tech arms race are gonna have us advancing at crazy speeds and there's a huge push for renewable energy where we're still playing catch up to other developed countries.

Military on deck and well fed just incase it doesn't work out and we need to Omar other countries.. :manny:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
The problem is China is a monster of our own creation/greed. We fukked up back in the 70s when we decided to move manufacturing to China in exchange for cheap labor and cheaper goods. They started stealing our tech and we continued to look the other way as long as those pockets kept getting lined. This fukked us in the long term as it weakened the middle class and put a lot more people into debt/poverty. Coupled with wage stagnation, we now have a weaker/poorer/less-educated working-age population while the people at the top kept got fat. China chose to build infrastructure, advance their tech, grow their industries, and educate their population and they're still educating their top minds at our universities with money we gave them, while we burdened our kids with student loan debt because we thought it was a good idea to play monopoly with knowledge... something you can't buy with money... our only saving grace is that we're still seen as the country with the most "opportunity" so we can still attract top minds from other countries, but we will never be great again if we don't fix our current education/inequality/income gap issues. It goes against everything needed to maintain a strong economy/nation. China has 4x our population, there's only so long we can slow them down for unless we nuke them.

The next two decades should be quite interesting.. the tech arms race are gonna have us advancing at crazy speeds and there's a huge push for renewable energy where we're still playing catch up to other developed countries.

Military on deck and well fed just incase it doesn't work out and we need to Omar other countries.. :manny:
Yep. our corporations fukked the people just for profit. sad shyt.

Can't nuke a country that also has nukes. That's destroying yourself. There will be no physical war between the 2 countries. ever. We just need to wake the hell up. But I don't see it happening. Corona taught me a lot about our culture, its over.

When I lived in China I passed by a city called Dezhou. It's a solar powered city. It's not a big city but it was pretty cool. I hear they have more solar cities but Im not sure (havent lived there in years). Renewable energy is def the way to go and the future, but I'd say we are behind. Isn't Biden pro-fracking? Our politicians are bought ...theyll continue with the 'drill baby drill'. while China continues to test out solar power and other renewable energy.

One of the biggest chinese solar panel makers, make their solar panels in Arizona. :snoop:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Yep. our corporations fukked the people just for profit. sad shyt.

Can't nuke a country that also has nukes. That's destroying yourself. There will be no physical war between the 2 countries. ever. We just need to wake the hell up. But I don't see it happening. Corona taught me a lot about our culture, its over.

When I lived in China I passed by a city called Dezhou. It's a solar powered city. It's not a big city but it was pretty cool. I hear they have more solar cities but Im not sure (havent lived there in years). Renewable energy is def the way to go and the future, but I'd say we are behind. Isn't Biden pro-fracking? Our politicians are bought ...theyll continue with the 'drill baby drill'. while China continues to test out solar power and other renewable energy.

One of the biggest chinese solar panel makers, make their solar panels in Arizona. :snoop:

That nuke portion of my post was actually a hyperlink to a bloomberg article:
A Successful U.S. Missile Intercept Ends the Era of Nuclear Stability

Though I'm not sure how effective it is, but if it has the potential to intercept ICBMs like that then the power dynamic completely shifts.. However I still don't think the world or the American people would be OK with using a nuclear weapon on anther country after Japan. Especially considering how much more powerful they are now. It would have to be in retaliation to us getting nuked first which is really what MAD is about.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
How would they be more different?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
That city ain't finna be just Chinese I don't think

130 million is fukking crazy. I take that as a bad thing too. I know there’s some dikk sucking China and America are dummies conversations going on but they’re human too, ya know?

one day it’s 130 million people and China are geniuses and next thing you know it’s 200 million people there and shyt is mad overpopulated

I’m a read the article later. But man 130 million isnt something cool imo.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
130 million is fukking crazy. I take that as a bad thing too. I know there’s some dikk sucking China and America are dummies conversations going on but they’re human too, ya know?

one day it’s 130 million people and China are geniuses and next thing you know it’s 200 million people there and shyt is mad overpopulated

I’m a read the article later. But man 130 million isnt something cool imo.

yep cities are supposed to develop natural as people and business start to populate an area for the opportunies there are there.
why would 130 million people suddenly decide to up and move to this new project? gotta have some sort of draw.
According to the article they're not building a new city from scratch. They're connecting several neighboring cities with new transportation and infrastructure projects to form a single mega city. China currently trying to reverse exessive urbanization by building the countryside to encourage poor migrant workers to return to their villages, so it's unlikely for them to encourage more people to move to this city, they just combine the existing population.

I'm a grow man. You can't lie to me.

Their infection rates are under reported. You'd have to be a fool to think otherwise.

Every countries undercounting their number.
I read that a Chinese doctor estimate that China's true number might be around 300,000-400,000 cases and around 10,000-12,000 deaths. That's still far lower than US's 53 million cases and 350,000 excess deaths so far.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
GOAT body type:
NZ5~214583Final.jpg

Don’t care what anybody says...
:yeshrug:

For nikkas like c00ny Knocks and white men who like women shaped like lil boys maybe...