China proposes to let Xi Jinping extend presidency beyond 2023

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Short sighted to think that the century's old debate between limited and unlimited governent is over, or that history is over because America won the Cold War.

V-2

[ [ AT/GC ] ]
Daps
Reppin
Aesthetics
The amendment proposal needed a two-thirds majority from the National People's Congress in order to pass today. It got 2,958 votes out of 2,964 (99.8%) approval with two against, three abstentions and one invalid ballot. It's Official: Emperor Xi Jinping. That's a bad man.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Emperor Xi :wow:

%E5%BD%93%E4%BB%8A%E7%9A%87%E4%B8%8A.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Perfect timing too. US is in a regressive cycle with an abysmal president that China can outwit or simply buy. Russia's influence cannot be denied right now but the underlining stability is weak (bad economy and sooner or later the axe will swing from the west, in terms of sanctions). US ripped the teeth out of TPP, giving China increased influence over Asia and unraveling 8 years of smart US foreign policy in the region.

V-2

[ [ AT/GC ] ]
Daps
Reppin
Aesthetics

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Short sighted to think that the century's old debate between limited and unlimited governent is over, or that history is over because America won the Cold War.

End of history :wow:

Perfect timing too. US is in a regressive cycle with an abysmal president that China can outwit or simply buy. Russia's influence cannot be denied right now but the underlining stability is weak (bad economy and sooner or later the axe will swing from the west, in terms of sanctions). US ripped the teeth out of TPP, giving China increased influence over Asia and unraveling 8 years of smart US foreign policy in the region.

With the usa in decline like this and the amount of damage that will be done to this country by 2020. Yea.. I don't see China or Russia changing their leadership.. until their on the other side of the storm.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
@J. Chizzle you concerned about this at all?
I should be :patrice:
I need to read up on how this affects Hong Kong in the long run :ehh:
But China is constantly pulling fukkery so when i saw this on the news i was like :yeshrug: whatever, corruption and bribes:yeshrug:

I don't give a fukk about these capitalists masquerading as communists :ehh:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Extremely short-sighted western triumphalism.

The idea that integrating China into the international community would democratize it is officially dead.

Was a stupid idea to begin with. "Western democracy" has onlly existed for less than a century and is extremely different from one country to another, all with various flaws. People talk about Greece invented democracy like the West has been democratic ever since :mjlol:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I never saw Xi leaving office with a pulse so all they did was confirm it in my book.

V-2

[ [ AT/GC ] ]
Daps
Reppin
Aesthetics
The idea that integrating China into the international community would democratize it is officially dead.

Extremely short-sighted western triumphalism.

Was a stupid idea to begin with. "Western democracy" has onlly existed for less than a century and is extremely different from one country to another, all with various flaws. People talk about Greece invented democracy like the West has been democratic ever since :mjlol:

Xi would argue that Western political systems are associated with fractured societies, inefficient government, endless power transitions and perpetually high potential for social disarray. Point taken, but the PRC was already a one-party authoritarian state that moved largely as one in lock-step. This amendment veers it more in the direction of a totalitarian dictatorship considering it's as much of an ideological movement as anything.

It's a truly stunning turn of events and the grip he has in aligning the titles of President, General Secretary of CCP and Chairman of the Military Commission - all now without term limits - over a legitimate superpower with a massive impact on the international stage and in global affairs is almost unfathomable. It's no longer "the most powerful since Mao".

Having Donald Trump as sitting POTUS to deal with a cat on this sort of level is about the worst possible scenario you could dream up, they're not even playing the same fukking sport here.