Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Second half was SUBSTANTIALLY better than the first. Like no comparison. Id give it a 6.5 off of that

about the Chappelle vs Rock debate (I was consciously comparing the two, so I cant say shyt about that), you gotta think about how the two were telling jokes in their primes anyway. Rock wasnt trying to hit you over the head with well thought out comedy, he just gave you relatable stories and then had amazing delivery and word choice. No way to really be that good as an old head bro. Chappelle was always more introspective so his humor was set to age more gracefully

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Second half was SUBSTANTIALLY better than the first. Like no comparison. Id give it a 6.5 off of that

about the Chappelle vs Rock debate (I was consciously comparing the two, so I cant say shyt about that), you gotta think about how the two were telling jokes in their primes anyway. Rock wasnt trying to hit you over the head with well thought out comedy, he just gave you relatable stories and then had amazing delivery and word choice. No way to really be that good as an old head bro. Chappelle was always more introspective so his humor was set to age more gracefully
comparing them is futile
Rock is more like Jerry Seinfeld than Chappelle
Chappelle is more like Norm MacDonald than Rock

Family Man

Superstar
Daps
nikka up there on his Daffy Duck shyt

daffyspit.jpg

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was a more laidback Chris special:lupe:

... I wholeheartedly agree with 'you gotta learn from jump NoBODY gives a fukk about you':yeshrug:

Shabba Ranks stabbing a dog, tho:pachaha:

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hes alot more subdued on the Netflix special.

He was animated as shyt when i saw him. Jumping around n yelling n shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got damn this relationship stuff is real as fukk. Thoughtful and funny. " You don't have a chance to miss somebody nowadays" I thought about that shyt the other day, you wanna text all day, I open up my instagram and facebook and see you, I come home and see you and you just wanna talk, got damn give me some fukking space, you ain't that fun to be around where I gotta have 24/7 contact:damn::damn::damn:

Just 3 hoes Chris?!?! I work at UPS and got more than that! you must really love your wife chris, you a romantic :deadmanny:

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
just got done watching and this didn't do much for me. reading through the comments and i agree with the first half being weak. i started doing stuff with this playing in the background around the 40 minute mark.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
You wanna keep it bloody, there were a few people in the front rows that looked like they had better places to be for most of the show :iseeu:

Yea I saw that interpreted by some folks as the black women in the front having attitudes :laff:
I'm like damn if you go to a show that ain't that funny and don't laugh it mean you got an attitude now :dahell: