Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
HE hasn't really been funny since bigger and blacker to me, hope this is actually good.
That said Chris Rock is geared more towards white people with the shyt he says

Chris a fence sitting c00n. He makes the racist jokes that cacs would get a backlash for saying. "You ain't my master nicca" my people's in the industry say he very disconnected and only speaks to black people who have status.
That's why his humor is dry. He want to be the black Jerry Seinfeld. Black people are not going to support u for being witty you have to be funny. If you look at the issues he had on everybody hates Chris you can see he got some issues that are deeper than only needing acceptance.

A white lady told me the special was funny and she watched it twice.
I'll wait till my brehs perforate the special before I commit to watching it.

Dave Chappelles two specials was lit and I paid for me my pops and my wife to see him at radio city.

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And my favorite line was I'm Chris Brown not...... Classic

Much respect for the Kool MOE Dee Avi. I remember rewinding that part mad times as a kid. "Me and my brothers can't go out at the same time, cause a coat that's his is coat that's mines." Can't believe I still remember the whole rap. Classic

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Got damn this relationship stuff is real as fukk. Thoughtful and funny. " You don't have a chance to miss somebody nowadays" I thought about that shyt the other day, you wanna text all day, I open up my instagram and facebook and see you, I come home and see you and you just wanna talk, got damn give me some fukking space, you ain't that fun to be around where I gotta have 24/7 contact:damn::damn::damn:

Just 3 hoes Chris?!?! I work at UPS and got more than that! you must really love your wife chris, you a romantic :deadmanny:
Absence grows the heart grow fonder.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
rock-rihanna1000getty.jpg

494BBCCF00000578-0-image-a-62_1518815340060.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Not as good as I thought it would be. I wonder what’s going on that got him half assing for money.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Have no idea what people are talking about, this shyt was hilarious. Obviously not his best but he's still top tier. And this was EASILY better than chapelle's shyt's to me. Chapelle drags shyt on too much at times. Chris's jokes are more potent and hard hitting while still being more complex and thought provoking. Even though dave does his best to be deep, there's still more levels to Chris's humor. This shyt was refreshing...can't wait til the next one. Got a feeling that's gonna be back on the god level. But this was a nice addition to his resume. Dude is top 3 ever at this point. Prolly top 2 only behind pryor.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Chris a fence sitting c00n. He makes the racist jokes that cacs would get a backlash for saying. "You ain't my master nicca" my people's in the industry say he very disconnected and only speaks to black people who have status.

Katt Williams pretty much said the same things about him a few years ago. Folks didn't take it seriously
because it came from Katt.

So it makes sense that he hired this young white comic Bo Burnham to direct his Netflix special,
instead of a young brotha or sista.

burnham-rock.jpeg

Or that he "adopts" Amy Schumer (instead of someone like Tiffany Haddish) and directs her tv special. This is probably why he's lost his edge.

amy-schumer-chris-rock-emmys-2016-awards-after-parties-rex.jpg

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Damn i thought this was pretty good... Maybe my expectations was not as high but I thought it was a soild special. 2nd half was better, but also a lil awkward because I was watching it with my ex wife lol. I don't think its better than Chappelle. But i enjoyed it :yeshrug:

Daps
Katt Williams pretty much said the same things about him a few years ago. Folks didn't take it seriously
because it came from Katt.

So it makes sense that he hired this young white comic Bo Burnham to direct his Netflix special,
instead of a young brotha or sista.

burnham-rock.jpeg

Or that he "adopts" Amy Schumer (instead of someone like Tiffany Haddish) and directs her tv special. This is probably why he's lost his edge.

amy-schumer-chris-rock-emmys-2016-awards-after-parties-rex.jpg

he probably hired bo because bo has the best standup special on netflix right now

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
No need to compare this to the Chappelle specials. Whichever comedian you like more, you’re going to think their standup is better.

I like both. I personally think Chappelle is funnier, but this was good too. I’ve enjoyed every standup they both ever put out.

your Avi
:wow:

him and Allen Iverson:wow:

he was before his time :wow:

damn shame what happened to that dog (him.) :to: