Christians brehs, should I pay tithes?

MBwithadream

All Star
Daps
I am on a fixed income ( SSI) and after paying bills I have a little over 300 left to spend for the month.

What do you think?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
I am on a fixed income ( SSI) and after paying bills I have a little over 300 left to spend for the month.

What do you think?

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
2 Corinthians 9:6‭-‬8 KJV

Timestamp 36:58

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

What do you think?
Where in the bible does Jesus say he cares about your fixed income ?

If a poor widow can give Jesus her last penny , then you got no excuse.

Link->

This is why I say most christians don't respect their own God. Imagine haggling with your lord and savior like he work at capital one or like Jesus work at the utility company. Breh you know what is due. :mjlol:

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
As a former SSI recipient (I make too much for it now) I gave 10%.

I'd also advise you to get a damn job. I was literally depressed getting SSI not having a job, feeling worthless to society. If you have a serious disability affecting you from working though I apologize for the insensitivity.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea, you should tithe whatever you can. And if you can't give the full 10%, you should still try to give whatever. Hopefully its a Church leadership you trust. Also, if you can contribute some of your time to something that would benefit the church, such as working the sound system or ushering.

MBwithadream

All Star
Daps
Where in the bible does Jesus say he cares about your fixed income ?

If a poor widow can give Jesus her last penny , then you got no excuse.

Link->

This is why I say most christians don't respect their own God. Imagine haggling with your lord and savior like he work at capital one or like Jesus work at the utility company. Breh you know what is due. :mjlol:
I been to this church tithing for about 7 years prior to asking this question. During pandemic I saved up some money to go and tithe and the pastor left ( church disputes AKA someone got mad about count the money).