Religion/Spirituality Christians come explain this

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Incorrect.

The Bible was written by men guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
:mjlol: so it was written by men then.

so you believe in people living to 900, a flood covering all the land of the earth etc etc?

AyyLMAO

Rookie
Daps

so you believe in people living to 900, a flood covering all the land of the earth etc etc?

Their hands were moved by the Holy Spirit. The words weren't coming from their own minds.

And yes I do. Prior to the flood and even after that men lived a far longer lives because our bodies were less corrupted by the effects of sin than they are now.

Adam's body was perfect but every subsequent generation became more corrupted.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Their hands were moved by the Holy Spirit. The words weren't coming from their own minds.

And yes I do. Prior to the flood and even after that men lived a far longer lives because our bodies were less corrupted by the effects of sin than they are now.

Adam's body was perfect but every subsequent generation became more corrupted.
you really think people lived 10x as long as today because of the effects sin?

so could a person born today live till 900 if they didnt sin?

AyyLMAO

Rookie
Daps
you really think people lived 10x as long as today because of the effects sin?

so could a person born today live till 900 if they didnt sin?

No, because the effects of sin have been passed down to us from our fathers, and their fathers, etc. It's in our genes.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
No, because the effects of sin have been passed down to us from our fathers, and their fathers, etc. It's in our genes.
sin is in our genes? how is that even possible even if it were true? we should be able to detect the 'sin gene' then right?

I thought jesus said children were born innocent and sin free?

AyyLMAO

Rookie
Daps
sin is in our genes? how is that even possible even if it were true? we should be able to detect the 'sin gene' then right?

I thought jesus said children were born innocent and sin free?

Sin is lawlessness. I.e.: Disobeying God Commandments, which are there for our own benefit. Over time, lawlessness (sin) has had a profound negative effect on mankind as we can see today in modern times...

Umm no, Jesus never said that we are born innocent. We are born into sin. No one has ever been free of sin except for Jesus.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Sin is lawlessness. I.e.: Disobeying God Commandments, which are there for our own benefit. Over time, lawlessness (sin) has had a profound negative effect on mankind as we can see today in modern times...

Umm no, Jesus never said that we are born innocent. We are born into sin. No one has ever been free of sin except for Jesus.
ok so we're born in sin, its in our genes right? how is it in our genes? surely we can detect this sin gene?

AyyLMAO

Rookie
Daps
ok so we're born in sin, its in our genes right? how is it in our genes? surely we can detect this sin gene?

Living in disobedience to God's Law affects our own health negatively, which effects any children we have, and so on.

Think of it like this: If you get a car, you get an owners manual. If you follow what it says in the manual your car will last a lot longer. God's law is like that. It's there for us, for our benefit.

If we disregard it and disobey, we're only hurting ourselves and even our kids, and their kids, and their kids.

That's sin. Lawlessness.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
So my sister is an atheist. And my aunt can't stand that shiit. I bring it up to her all the time just to see her get pissed and get a good laugh :mjlol:

But anyway my sister was recently in a bad accident. Her car was totaled and it looked like it was dropped from a 1000 story building. But lucky all she had was a fractured bone in her arm.

So my aunt of course saw this as an opportunity to "convert"

Aunt: "Now you can't tell me God doesn't exist. He saved you" :mjgrin:

Sister: "No. I saved myself by swerving at the last minute." :jawalrus:

Bruh my aunt just started crying :russ:

So Christians I ask you, how do y'all react when your "See, God does exist" moments don't work?

Real Christians are only concerned about their personal relationship with God. As long as they've told you the Good Word they've done their part, your belief is irrelevant to theirs :francis:

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
:stopitslime: Anyone who beleives in that bullshyt azz Noahs flood story should volunteer at a local aquarium for a while so they can learn some biology...or just keep some tropical salt water fish alive for a while

Even if you could get past the obvious bullshyt of the sheer amount of water needed to flood the whole planet for a year .....there are still facts like marine life in different environments needs different temperatures,PH and salinity...dumping billions of gallons of fresh rain water should have killed off most ocean marine life

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
:stopitslime: Anyone who beleives in that bullshyt azz Noahs flood story should volunteer at a local aquarium for a while so they can learn some biology...or just keep some tropical salt water fish alive for a while

Even if you could get past the obvious bullshyt of the sheer amount of water needed to flood the whole planet for a year .....there are still facts like marine life in different environments needs different temperatures,PH and salinity...dumping billions of gallons of fresh rain water should have killed off most ocean marine life
yep its completely impossible, not even close. then the apologists either say "its an allegory", or the literalists just stick their fingers in their ears or make stuff up. :yeshrug:

But to be honest I pity them, for a believer the fear of hell is SO REAL. You telling them the flood is bs means one of 2 things:
either a) god doesnt exist, shattering their belief system, so they have been wasting their whole life, and risk losing friends and family OR
b) the flood is true, god is real, and you are trying to test their faith and get them sent to hell.

which is why skeptics/agnostic/atheists are so hated, and why i don't really bother engaging them.

AyyLMAO

Rookie
Daps
yep its completely impossible, not even close. then the apologists either say "its an allegory", or the literalists just stick their fingers in their ears or make stuff up. :yeshrug:

But to be honest I pity them, for a believer the fear of hell is SO REAL. You telling them the flood is bs means one of 2 things:
either a) god doesnt exist, shattering their belief system, so they have been wasting their whole life, and risk losing friends and family OR
b) the flood is true, god is real, and you are trying to test their faith and get them sent to hell.

which is why skeptics/agnostic/atheists are so hated, and why i don't really bother engaging them.

Hell (the place where the devil tortures sinners forever) isn't even Biblical. The devil is going to be destroyed in a lake of fire. He won't be ruling anything, he won't exist.

So no, any real Christian wouldn't have faith out fear of going to hell.

Retrofuture

Banned
Daps

but you believe in a history book?
Im just saying if you think the bible far fetched but believe that we was apes and turned into humans, and we're the only life forms? and that the earth spins real fast but it MAGICALLY feels like its still because of gravity?. then fukk it my nikka i got a bridge to sell you :mjlol:

if you gonna throw a book out the window throw it all out and don't believe in any of them.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
but you believe in a history book?
Im just saying if you think the bible far fetched but believe that we was apes and turned into humans, and we're the only life forms? and that the earth spins real fast but it MAGICALLY feels like its still because of gravity?. then fukk it my nikka i got a bridge to sell you :mjlol:

if you gonna throw a book out the window throw it all out and don't believe in any of them.
you think the earth is flat?

do you think the bibical (genesis) representation of the universe below is correct?
godawa_3_1.png