Chuck Schumer Teams with Ted Cruz to Demand Moving Israel Embassy to Jerusalem

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
- Israel is a liberal democracy in the region
- they're geopolitical important. They are at the center of several culture and countries that are relevant to regional stability and resources
- religious ties between the west and Israel
- a market for the west
Yet they attacked US soldiers and tried to murder the survivors.

Leaving the Crew of the USS Liberty Behind
No Accident

Here, for example, is the text of an intercepted Israeli conversation, just one of many pieces of hard, unambiguous evidence that the Israeli attack was not a mistake:

Israeli pilot to ground control: “This is an American ship. Do you still want us to attack?”

Ground control: “Yes, follow orders.” …

Israeli pilot: “But, sir, it’s an American ship – I can see the flag!”

Ground control: “Never mind; hit it!”

The Israelis would have been able to glory in reporting “mission accomplished, ship sunk, all crew killed” save for the bravery and surefootedness of then-23 year-old Navy seaman Terry Halbardier, whose actions spelled the difference between the murder of 34 of the crew and the intended massacre of all 294.

Halbardier skated across the Liberty’s slippery deck while it was being strafed in order to connect a communications cable and enable the Liberty to send out an SOS. The Israelis intercepted that message and, out of fear of how the U.S. Sixth Fleet would respond, immediately broke off the attack, returned to their bases, and sent an “oops” message to Washington confessing to their unfortunate “mistake.”

As things turned out, the Israelis didn’t need to be so concerned. When President Johnson learned that the USS America and USS Saratoga had launched warplanes to do battle with the forces attacking the Liberty, he told Defense Secretary Robert McNamara to call Sixth Fleet commander Rear Admiral Lawrence Geiss and tell him to order the warplanes to return immediately to their carriers.

Allies like Israel who needs enemies

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
- Israel is a liberal democracy in the region
- they're geopolitical important. They are at the center of several culture and countries that are relevant to regional stability and resources
- religious ties between the west and Israel
- a market for the west
The US has not benefited from this special relationship with Israel. All it ever does is gives us headaches and feed jihadist propaganda in which out us in danger. Think about it whenever the UN puts a resolution to condemn Israel for building settlements or war crimes we are always the only nation that veto. The rest of the west don't even fukk with what Israel does in the region.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
No ones gonna say shyt about the move to Jerusalem. Hezbollah and all of Hamas allies are too busy fighting in Syria and Iraq to bother with Israel for the foreseeable future.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
No ones gonna say shyt about the move to Jerusalem. Hezbollah and all of Hamas allies are too busy fighting in Syria and Iraq to bother with Israel for the foreseeable future.
I disagree. It would start a 3rd intifada. Also Hamas would start another war with backing with Qatar and Turkey. Another intifada would do serious damage to the Israeli economy.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

Yeah, Palestinians aren't going to care about Israel encroaching even further into their territory. Look at a map of Israeli incursions. Their plan has been to take over Jerusalem by pushng into Palestine for decades. Now with clown ass Trump in office, they finally have a US benefactor dumb enough to let it happen.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I disagree. It would start a 3rd intifada. Also Hamas would start another war with backing with Qatar and Turkey. Another intifada would do serious damage to the Israeli economy.

Qatar and Israel have been secret allies for a few years now. Same w the Saudis. Only people going at Israel are hezbollah and they are all tied up in Syria and the coming proxy wars between Saudis and Iran.

Palestinians have lost every war they've started. That's not going to change. Without a strong hezbollah presence, no ones gonna do shyt about Jerusalem.

Last edited:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Thats not true.

Which part? Iranian allies are gonna have their hands full for the next decade. Allies in the ME have shifted significantly and Arab nations are OPENLY working with Israel, which is something that is unheard of in history. The rebalancing of power in the ME is gonna let Israel slide right on through to continued prosperity. Hezbollah and the other Iranian allies that are anti-Israel have much bigger issues pressing them right now and they would be fractured, divided, and weak if they tried to attack Israel at this moment.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Qatar is in no position to fund any rebel groups right now. Turkey maybe but I think they would do a lot of posturing and nothing else. Similar to how they pledged millions to rebuild Gaza after the last war but didn't actually give any aid. Hamas would certainly start a war but they're beefing with the PA right now so it would be a fragmented war and the Palestinians would be weak af.