CIA linked to cyber attacks on 16 nations and active since 2011.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Symantec Links CIA Leaks to Cyberattacks in 16 Countries

Symantec Links CIA Leaks to Cyberattacks in 16 Countries
Says Methods Described in Leaks Linked to 'Longhorn' Operations
by Jason Ditz, April 10, 2017
Print This | Share This
Internet and computer security company Symantec has issued a statement today related to the Vault 7 WikiLeaks documents leaked from the CIA, saying that the methods and protocols described in the documents are consistent with cyberattacks they’d been tracking for years.

Symantec says they now believe that the CIA hacking tool Fluxwire is a malware that had been known as Corentry, which Symantec had previously attributed to an unknown cyberespionage group called Longhorn, which apparently was the CIA.

They described Longhorn as having been active since at least 2011, and responsible fro attacks in at least 16 countries across the world, targeting governments and NGOs, as well as financial, energy, and natural resource companies, things that would generally be of interest to a nation-state.

While the WikiLeaks themselves have been comparatively short on details, as WikiLeaks continues to share specific vulnerabilities with companies so they can fix them before the details are leaked to the general public, the ability of security companies like Symantec to link the CIA to known hacking operations could prove to be even more enlightening as to the scope of CIA cyber-espionage the world over.

==========
Just another reminder of the hypocrisy of the US government.
They were behind stuxnet and hacking Iran and same nation tries to use hacks it can't even link to invade and launch wars against other nations.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Random Coli poster:

"I can't stand that the US would hack other countries. It's disgusting and we should mind our business. :scust:"

Same random coli poster:

"I'm glad the DNC was hacked by a foreign government. The corruption needed to be exposed. :blessed:"

:mjgrin:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Remember when HillRod and others were saying a cyber attack by a foreign country on U.S. assets could result in military retaliation by the U.S...........sooo?!?!?.........:jbhmm:

Remember when the fake news story of Russian attacking Vermont power station came out...and turns out it was a random computer virus on a laptop not connected to anything dealing with power generation.........

:francis:

Random Coli poster:

"I can't stand that the US would hack other countries. It's disgusting and we should mind our business. :scust:"

Same random coli poster:

"I'm glad the DNC was hacked by a foreign government. The corruption needed to be exposed. :blessed:"

DNC wasn't likely hacked by foreign governments......it appears it was the staffer Seth something something.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Random Coli poster:

Same random coli poster:

What authority does the US have when we know it is engaged in government hacking, to then declare that hacking is an act of war?

The caping you and napolean do for the US government and its ability to terrorize the globe, I can't take you seriously when you try to talk about shyt domestically.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What authority does the US have when we know it is engaged in government hacking, to then declare that hacking is an act of war?

The caping you and napolean do for the US government and its ability to terrorize the globe, I can't take you seriously when you try to talk about shyt domestically.
Wait? Have I ever said that our spying is anything other than spying?

Have I ever said that other countries shouldn't be mad?

Have I ever said they shouldn't attempt to defend their countries and institutions just as we should?

I didn't think so.

So let's do this though experiment. If the US never hacked anyone and we learned we were being hacked what would you suggest we do?

If another country was a nuclear threat and we didn't have nuclear weapons what would you suggest we do?
:sas1: