Classics Discussion: Ice Cube

Which of these Ice Cube albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AMW has Bomb Squad production and he mauled that and showed his versatility by switching over to Jinx production, and killed it as well. The songwriting is raw, real, unfiltered and he was so vicious and commanding you have to respect it, even if he was dissing your demographic.

Amerikkka's Most Wanted was Best Of Both Worlds before Jay and R. Kelly. :manny:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
because they are both hugely relevant today, more so beyond hip-hop circles. Cube was damn near prophetic with the LA riots shyt on Death Certificate and generally the spectrum of issues covered in both albums are so prevalent today.

Quality-wise, they are just brilliant albums too. Every track serves a purpose, so there's absolutely no filler. AMW has Bomb Squad production and he mauled that, and showed his versatility by switching over to Jinx production, and killed it as well. The songwriting is raw, real, unfiltered and he was so vicious and commanding you have to respect it, even if he was dissing your demographic.

Idk how much critical acclaim matters to you but they both have vast critical acclaim, especially the former with 5 mics from the Source. The Source initially rated DC 4.5 mics but changed it in later re-ratings.

AMW got 5 mics right off the bat?

which is better? AMV or DC if I had to pick one?

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
i really like these threads.

Appreciate it bro! I really hope people do enjoy them because it's a good topic of discussion.

AMW got 5 mics right off the bat?

which is better? AMV or DC if I had to pick one?

yeah straight away it got 5

hmmm

can't go wrong with either

I prefer DC

more venomous, more specific targets of attack, more power in his voice

just a step up in performance

album is one of the most cohesive I've ever heard, just the division into the "life side" and "death side" was brilliant, and interwoven are the teachings of Khalid Abdul Muhammad

and No Vaseline
:gladbron:

arel

lately ive been seeing girls wearing football kits
Daps
First three classics and was very close to giving it to lethal injection too.