Classics Discussion: Underground Kingz (UGK) & Main Source

Which of these UGK and Main Source albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

an emissary from hell

I got the bricks from Wakanda
Daps
Reppin
2up2down
Looks like I'm gonna have to give Breaking Atoms another spin

Always thought I was only one who put Supertight over Ridin' Dirty lol

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Okay...

I only voted yes on Ridin' Dirty.

WAIT A MINUTE, LET ME FINISH!!!

I never cared enough to go back and check for Main Source's music. All I know is "Live At The Barbecue"
and "Lookin' At The Front Door". They never aroused my curiosity.

Now:

Super Tight and Dirty Money are regional classics, yes. But I don't know if enough rap fans overall are up on
them like the south is. I would change my mind of Dirty Money if we're talkin' about the deluxe version,
because that has 6 singles on it...but I feel like that's cheating, since the OG version doesn't have the last 3 cuts on that.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
All I can speak on is UGK, been a fan since Too Hard To Swallow was a promo when I was working at Sam Goody back in the day. SuperTight was a fukking classic from start to finish, one of my fav tracks had to be Stoned Junkee, the production and lyrics was so fukking raw:

Ridin' Dirty is my 2nd fav from them, Lord know I wore out Diamonds N Wood, had that shyt on repeat something fierce:

@K-Slim
@Jack Trippa 3z company ho
@JulesWinfield
@Taadow
@stomachlines

that super tight and ridin' dirty are both classics :lawd:

arel

lately ive been seeing girls wearing football kits
Daps
every damn ugk album is classic. approved. stamped. certified. filed. re-stamped. published. oppositions dismissed. opposition crushed.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Ridin Dirty is a classic but Southernplaya ain't? No disrespect to Ridin Dirty it is a classic but Southernplaya was a better album easily IMO...

Also, that Breaking Atoms album is a classic hip hop album and was held in very high regard when it dropped. Nowadays it's more seen as the album that introduced us to Nas.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Haven't voted yet because I've never heard riding dirty. Hell I didn't even know they existed until jay z "put them on". It's like a retrofitted classic in my eyes and imo it would be kinda wrong if it gets coliclassic status when southernplayalistic and stillmatic didn't make the cut because people outside of Texas actually bought those albums.

If the poll was just on main source I'd vote breaking atoms.