Lou Brown
Tanaka
Rube Baker
Harry Doyle

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Awful. There was nothing wrong wkth the Indians name. Wahoo was the issue

I'm kidding but that is also another reason to change the name i forgot to address. Native americans aren't actually Indians.
This is outdated. Most prefer the term American Indian. It's also the name on the museums

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
They could’ve just named themselves the Cleveland Natives or Cleveland Native Americans
or whatever indian group was in the area before white folk moved them out and then break bread with the tribe. But I don't think that would've worked either, the Chicago Blackhawks have a name/logo that isn't blackface and the native american group wanted them to stop using it. I think most native american groups just don't want their culture commercialized and used in a manner for white people tbh.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Still comes off as a cheap name from an outsider perspective. And the Guardian Statues are an inside-inside reference to the city and not even close to something like the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame. That's like expecting everyone to know that LA is also popular for pastrami and donuts
thats subjective. I couldn’t care less about baseball or Cleveland yet I think it sounds fine. Sounds perfectly normal to say “I’m heading to the Nationals/Gaurdians” game :yeshrug:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

I'm convinced that people want be happy until everything is bland like hospital food.

Were Native Americans even offended by this? Or are people just offended on their behalf. I always thought the problem was the mascot and they liked the teams paying homage and keeping their culture alive and profitable.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I'm convinced that people want be happy until everything is bland like hospital food.

Were Native Americans even offended by this? Or are people just offended on their behalf. I always thought the problem was the mascot and they liked the teams paying homage and keeping their culture alive and profitable.

Yes, they've been protesting for years

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Points for the local angle. The logo looks like a generic team's from an 80s video game that couldn't get the MLB license. Better than Wahoo, though.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB

This is how cacs justify cultural appropriation, my guy. Who was "profiting" from any of the Indians branding aside from the team itself? Native Americans had been protesting the team's imagery for years.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Thoughts:

- Ironically, I thought about the Indians randomly yesterday saying they need to do something
other than that C

- Yuck.

- This is something they should’ve put out to the public for input, especially
in a city like Cleveland.

- Come on, Cleveland; you got 4 things you’re known for better than this. The hell is a Guardian?
You could’ve been the Skeletons, High Notes, Flames, Hot Water, Baseball Browns, Hogs, Brons...

- If you’re gonna change a teams’ name/identity, you best change everything...
don’t keep the same color scheme and fonts. WTF?

- They basically look like the Angels now. It’s gonna be hard to tell who is who when they play each other.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels

Man, yes :mjlol:

I'm 35 and they've been protesting about as long as I've been alive