Clue (The Coli Movie Club)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
enhanced-buzz-wide-10840-1378143440-16.jpg

Clue (1985)..available on Netflix watch instant so everyone can get a hold of it.

In the midst of a dinner party at a New England mansion, a crime spree breaks out and its up to the guests to figure out who did it, with what, and and where.....and in a nice twist from the game, also why it was done. Starring Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn (RIP), Christopher Lloyd, Michael McKean, Martin Mull and Lesley Ann Warren (:takedat:), Directed by Jonathan Lynn and co-written by Lynn and John Landis. It's also got three endings so I'd love to know which ending the film room thinks works best.

#movieclub

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The Rules
1. New movie every Sunday/Monday (timezones and all that)
2. 7 days to watch the movie
3. Only those who are active in previous week by posting thoughts/review in the thread can be picked as the one who chooses the next movie
4. That choice is made by the OP on the last day in his movie week - meaning @MartyMcFly picks the poster who picks the next movie
5. All movies must be easy to get a hold of (so no Russian short films from 1921)
6. Movies can be "bad" or "good" the OP decides
7. New thread every week with the name of the movie first and then (The Coli movie club)
8. The threads will be full of spoilers so put it in a box

Kinda like this

@Malta @SwiggyCabrera24 @ThiefyPoo @MartyMcFly @Real @ShaneTheRogue @Dr. Narcisse @Sensitive Blake Griffin @Jello Biafra @cook @Bruce Wayne @Suicide King @penfield @Doc Holiday @HHR @CarolinaKing @Brooklynzson @muzikfrk75 @track 1 @Abso831 @nasty @Thatrogueassdiaz @Kaii-genesis @AlphaOne @Microfracture @R.E.N. Spells Ren @88m3 @Method Man @AITheAnswerAI @Heretic @BelowTheMasonDixon @Jayson_bourn @GzUpHoEzDwN @LordEssdot @kp404 @Jutt @Raedawn07 @Mikey2Toes @MilesTailsPrower @LurkLurker @Reality @young3000 @Data-Hawk @Clutch Robinson @Hiphoplives4eva @flyry @wire28
@Keyser Soze @2 Up 2 Down @TarPitWu @Master Teacher @Conz @Anbessa725 @nikkahs B. Wildin @storyteller @ghostwriterx @Yoda @Kunty McPhuck @pete clemenza @KOTK @Captain_Crunch @TdashDUB @Ghost Utmost @tonyclifton @Wise @True Blue Moon @yoyoyo1 @Rekless Youf @Patrick Kane @YouMadd? @Mr Hate Coffee @NZA @Tuaminator @dangerranger @Primetime @Manny ManhaTTan @LongJohn @Ebonic Plague @Bruce LeRoy @Ayo @MF_BREW @Spin @Sunalmighty @choc_cardigan @StupidQuestion @Hammer @BarNone @IronFist @GoldenGlove @2Quik4UHoes @LostOne @TheGodling @duckbutta @The_Unchosen_One @Batz @Tony_Bromo @trick @StillNotSoft @theoretic @Wiirdo @sun raw @HankMoodyCSC @CapitalOne @bboystyle @dvdjamm @choc_cardigan @Arcavian @PurePlaya @DosCadenaz @T-K-G @Silkk

Those who want to get tagged in the OP every week that are not there already just PM me and I'll edit it in and the poster who picks next can copy/paste all the names in his new post

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Ok, I'll start and I'll make my review spoiler free for the people that have not watched it yet.

This movie still holds up well after almost 30 years since release. The thing that I love so much about this movie is that the actors do such a great job of being engaging so that the movie flows wells. Tim Curry, Michael McKean, and Christopher Lloyd are my favorites and their chemistry really makes the movie alot better than it really deserves to be...Its a fukking board game movie, so it should be garbage, but Landis' writing and characterization allows the characters to take the story away from the board game and besides the names, the movie is so far away from the board game.

My only real issue is I felt the ending could have been better constructed....it felt rushed to me. Landis is known to write like this though so I'm not surprised. Point is that Clue has always been enjoyable since I was a kid when I first watched it to this weekend; the actors and actresses they picked did a great job elevating a simple cash grab movie and Landis wrote a funny script. More people need to celebrate this movie as a sleeper hit

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought I'd be the first review in but @kp404 beat me to the punch. well played, sir:

Clue is the type of movie that you have to watch a couple times in order to catch everything because it moves at such a fast pace and the jokes fly at a mile a minute. The wordplay, the banter, the chemistry, and the sight gags are all a part of the movie's charm and why I chose it. It's a freaking movie about a board game but it's elevated due to the performances and the script. It never gets boring and it treats its viewers as intelligent but it's also a fun movie that knows how to threat its serious moments (death) serious enough . Tim Curry really is the glue that holds the entire thing together even though everyone is great, especially Madeline Kahn as Ms. White. But Curry has to be funny, duplicitous, charming, and scared, sometimes all in one scene and he pulls it all off. Christopher Lloyd is hilarious as a psychiatrist who does what he's not supposed to do with is lady patients and he never once tones that bawdiness down:

"Oh my. No one can get into that position"
"Sure they can, let me show you."

Shyt like that is what makes me love this movie because they took a simple concept and turned it into a smart, clever, murder mystery. It just goes to show that there's no such thing as a bad idea if you have the writing to make something dope out of it. I'll get more in-depth once more people have watched it and we can talk about the ending more

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Wrote down "notes" while I watched the movie, full of spoilers

Huh Jon Peters produced Clue. Tim Curry looking great as always. Starting with a poop joke, meh. 3 poop jokes in a row:comeon:
Nice breasts:blessed:Ok this poop on the shoe joke is getting old. Eating Lays Sour cream & onion, it’s fantastic:youngsabo:

Did everybody carry umbrellas in 1954?

“I butle”:ohlawd:

I’m not sure I like C.Lloyd in anything except BTTF

It’s amazing Tim Curry’s biggest movie (Rocky Horror Picture Show) was his first movie and hasn’t been in a “big” movie since Charlie’s Angels. In the last 15 years he’s mostly been doing VO for trash like Barbie and the Three Musketeers and The Voyages of Young Dr. Dolittle.

I’ve seen Clue before and I liked it more the first time I saw it.

LOL at the Tim Curry stunt double when he and the gay dude crash into each other, well done but it’s clearly not Tim

Tim Curry trying to break the door down:pachaha:

J Edgar line was funny.
The power is shut off but the phone works :beli:

The recap from Tim Curry is fantastic, running around but fukk the music when he’s running back and forth between the rooms

Will you stop that?
Nweeo

Ms. Peacock was a man?
Faceslap
Faceslap
Snap from suspenders

Who are you? Perry Mason?

With that said I like it.
7 out of 10.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I really enjoyed this movie... I actually saw it recently for the first time... What made me want to watch it was the game, I never played the game but knew what it was about... Once I looked into the actors that were in it I knew I would watch it... This movie was good from the start to end.... Never boring.. The secret passage ways in the house :wow:.. Bunch of little things that keep the movie good... The acting was superb... Through the whole movie I was guessing of who the killer was... Then the ending came through and crushed the buildings.....

10/10 classic

On a side note... I feel I should get next on who picks the movie :ld:

Last edited:

hahaha

Pro
Daps
reviewing clue like its not total garbage and should be called cluedo

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really enjoyed this movie... I actually saw it recently for the first time... What made me want to watch it was the game, I never played the game but knew what it was about... Once I looked into the actors that were in it I knew I would watch it... This movie was good from the start to end.... Never boring.. The secret passage ways in the house :wow:.. Bunch of little things that keep the movie good... The acting was superb... Through the whole movie I was guessing of who the killer was... Then the ending came through and crushed the buildings.....

10/10 classic

On a side note... I feel I should get next on who picks the movie :id:

I give it the same score. But here's my problem with the ending: I'm completely aware that you can pick your own ending with the movie if you choose, but their version of "what actually happened" doesn't work for me because Mr. Green reveals he works for the FBI (I'm a plant. Plant? I thought men like you were called fruits) but when J. Edgar Hoover called the house, Wadsworth took the call and was away for a pretty good amount of time so it makes more sense that HE works for the FBI, not Mr. Green. You're telling me the head of the FBI is going to sit on the phone with a guy he doesn't know for an indeterminate amount of time shooting the breeze? Nah

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I give it the same score. But here's my problem with the ending: I'm completely aware that you can pick your own ending with the movie if you choose, but their version of "what actually happened" doesn't work for me because Mr. Green reveals he works for the FBI (I'm a plant. Plant? I thought men like you were called fruits) but when J. Edgar Hoover called the house, Wadsworth took the call and was away for a pretty good amount of time so it makes more sense that HE works for the FBI, not Mr. Green. You're telling me the head of the FBI is going to sit on the phone with a guy he doesn't know for an indeterminate amount of time shooting the breeze? Nah
:ohhh: Never thought of it that way... That does make sense

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Always wanted to see this, will watch later. nikka can't get a tag tho :aicmon:

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
And that is always the one knock I have on the movie because everything minus that is air tight and done so damn well and funny but makes sense. Even as a kid that bugged me and the first time I saw this I was 11
I can see why.. They did slip on that part