Clue (The Coli Movie Club)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wrote down "notes" while I watched the movie, full of spoilers

Huh Jon Peters produced Clue. Tim Curry looking great as always. Starting with a poop joke, meh. 3 poop jokes in a row:comeon:
Nice breasts:blessed:Ok this poop on the shoe joke is getting old. Eating Lays Sour cream & onion, it’s fantastic:youngsabo:

Did everybody carry umbrellas in 1954?

“I butle”:ohlawd:

I’m not sure I like C.Lloyd in anything except BTTF

It’s amazing Tim Curry’s biggest movie (Rocky Horror Picture Show) was his first movie and hasn’t been in a “big” movie since Charlie’s Angels. In the last 15 years he’s mostly been doing VO for trash like Barbie and the Three Musketeers and The Voyages of Young Dr. Dolittle.

I’ve seen Clue before and I liked it more the first time I saw it.

LOL at the Tim Curry stunt double when he and the gay dude crash into each other, well done but it’s clearly not Tim

Tim Curry trying to break the door down:pachaha:

J Edgar line was funny.
The power is shut off but the phone works :beli:

The recap from Tim Curry is fantastic, running around but fukk the music when he’s running back and forth between the rooms

Will you stop that?
Nweeo

Ms. Peacock was a man?
Faceslap
Faceslap
Snap from suspenders

Who are you? Perry Mason?

With that said I like it.
7 out of 10.

I like the music breh. It fits the vibe they're going for. Good pull quotes. I'd also like to add:

Why would he wanna kill you in public?
I think she means he threatened, in public, to kill her.

I prefer Kipling myself. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male." Do you like Kipling, Mrs. Scarlet?
Sure I'll eat anything.

No meaning yes?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
:upsetfavre: I was not tagged.

How did I know there would be so many comments about Colleen Camp :pachaha:

Anyway this movie will always be one of my favorite cult classics because, I loved clue growing up. I re-watched it the other day and I still laughed. It was a great cast IMO, and they had the perfect amount of silly. You don't find that in recent movies like you did in the 80's. I liked the alternate endings my favorite was the last. :smile: Nostalgia

Last edited:
Daps
I give it the same score. But here's my problem with the ending: I'm completely aware that you can pick your own ending with the movie if you choose, but their version of "what actually happened" doesn't work for me because Mr. Green reveals he works for the FBI (I'm a plant. Plant? I thought men like you were called fruits) but when J. Edgar Hoover called the house, Wadsworth took the call and was away for a pretty good amount of time so it makes more sense that HE works for the FBI, not Mr. Green. You're telling me the head of the FBI is going to sit on the phone with a guy he doesn't know for an indeterminate amount of time shooting the breeze? Nah

how do we know that was really j. Edgar Hoover tho?

Daps
Because the cop said it was J Edgar Hoover and the FBI shows up in all three endings

Yea, but how would the cop know Hoover lol? Could it not have been Green's partner or chief (I think he called him chief)?

Could've easily been a fake Hoover calling in the 'real' scenario, which seemed most plausible to me.

BTW we should reconsider this tagging rule (at least for everything beyond the first page), it's getting cumbersome, imo, and will get worse as the thread goes on.

Edit:

I didn't realize that was Hoover himself at the end.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea, but how would the cop know Hoover lol? Could it not have been Green's partner or chief (I think he called him chief)?

Could've easily been a fake Hoover calling in the 'real' scenario, which seemed most plausible to me.

BTW we should reconsider this tagging rule (at least for everything beyond the first page), it's getting cumbersome, imo, and will get worse as the thread goes on.

Edit:

I didn't realize that was Hoover himself at the end.

It could've been a fake but Mr green says in the "actual" ending that the call from Hoover was for him. So he expected a call from the FBI and the FBI showed up. That's not Hoover at the end just an agent at least that's how I understood it.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i feel like a bad member since i still haven't gotten around to watching "the family"..but i have a lot of free time this week (staycation) so i probably will .

I've seen clue a million times. i can probably quote the whole movie. It was my sister's favorite movie growing up. saw it again very recently for the first time as an adult(twice actually. its always on)

it still holds up.

it's ridiculously witty.

I enjoyed the sexual innuendo i didn't catch on to as a kid

favorite line:

"why is j edgar hoover on your telephone!?" " i don't know,he's on everybody else's why shouldn't he be on mine?" :heh:

4 mics

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i feel like a bad member since i still haven't gotten around to watching "the family"..but i have a lot of free time this week (staycation) so i probably will .

I've seen clue a million times. i can probably quote the whole movie. It was my sister's favorite movie growing up. saw it again very recently for the first time as an adult(twice actually. its always on)

it still holds up.

it's ridiculously witty.

I enjoyed the sexual innuendo i didn't catch on to as a kid

favorite line:

"why is j edgar hoover on your telephone!?" " i don't know,he's on everybody else's why shouldn't he be on mine?" :heh:

4 mics

"You lure men to their death like a spider lures flies"

"Flies are where are most vulnerable"

"I will keep something warm for him"

"Well what did you have in mind dear?"