Cody Rhodes May Be Going Back to WWE?

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is true tbh. People laugh at WWE and AEW's TV ratings but what can you replace them with that would draw similar numbers?
I was checking it out the other day and to put it into perspective AEW Youtube page has what, 4 million subscribers? WWE has 88 MILLION subscribers. That is their reach. They have videos with over 100 million views. AEW does have videos that can get over a million, especially Punk's return - but WWE on average probably gets 30k small videos and between half a million to million depending upon the content regularly and churns out content multiple times a day from their archives etc.

Imagine how much money they are making in YT views alone from subscribers and add in the ads and merchandise - I think AEW should continue to build their online video presence and shorts etc its not all about ratings

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Raw is still beating everything on all of cable besides playoff basketball :umad:

Edit:

The marks still trying to push the narrative nobody cares about Cody :mjlol: they really are down bad.

I just saw this. That corporate placement hilarious

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
NFL is locked up on television until 2033, and NBA won’t do it before NFL.
Oh I'm aware NFL got that desperation deal from every network where the super bowl is on like a different channel every year rotating through 4 I think?
I think the money was just way too great for them to pass up but even they have an inkling with selling TNF to Prime video exclusively

One of these leagues needs to make the jump exclusively cause there is no shot in hell these Networks are surviving until 2023.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was checking it out the other day and to put it into perspective AEW Youtube page has what, 4 million subscribers? WWE has 88 MILLION subscribers. That is their reach. They have videos with over 100 million views. AEW does have videos that can get over a million, especially Punk's return - but WWE on average probably gets 30k small videos and between half a million to million depending upon the content regularly and churns out content multiple times a day from their archives etc.

Imagine how much money they are making in YT views alone from subscribers and add in the ads and merchandise - I think AEW should continue to build their online video presence and shorts etc its not all about ratings

Anybody solely using TV ratings to determine success is a damn fool (on either side)
There are so many ways to engage with the audience outside of the show itself. Like you mentioned, WWE is massive on YouTube. They're a top 10 channel on the entire website.
WWE had it's most profitable year ever with ratings tanking. Shows you how important ratings are now (they're not really and will continue to fall)

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I might be late

Going waaaay back to this but Cornette pointed out something very interesting and true.

1. If it were Vince McMahon, Vince would have picked up the option and paid Cody to sit at home.
2. That way, even if Cody WANTED to go anywhere by the time Vince signed him he wouldn't have been as hot or over/the same Cody
3. This is why Vince is Vince McMahon and WWE is doing record quarters/numbers and Tony Kahn should not be signing or booking the wrestlers like they are his friends

His words not mine but was interesting

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Going waaaay back to this but Cornette pointed out something very interesting and true.

1. If it were Vince McMahon, Vince would have picked up the option and paid Cody to sit at home.
2. That way, even if Cody WANTED to go anywhere by the time Vince signed him he wouldn't have been as hot or over/the same Cody
3. This is why Vince is Vince McMahon and WWE is doing record quarters/numbers and Tony Kahn should not be signing or booking the wrestlers like they are his friends

His words not mine but was interesting

Khan ain't cutthroat like that, he is more family man where if you wanna go he ain't gonna stop you. He is not going to sit on someone's contract out of spite to kill buzz they get in other opportunities. He thinks too much of them as friends, and not employees.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Some of y'all really got worked with that whole anti-WWE gimmick he was doing
It's like the people who thought he would get buried cause he was taking shots at HHH. I doubt Hunter cared about that shyt, it's just business

Its bcuz the marks got worked into a shoot

i could say prime wcw was better than wwf at one point…but these cac neckbeards are mentally off in tsc

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Khan ain't cutthroat like that, he is more family man where if you wanna go he ain't gonna stop you. He is not going to sit on someone's contract out of spite to kill buzz they get in other opportunities. He thinks too much of them as friends, and not employees.
Yea honestly I know that's why fans like Kahn but it honestly could end up being one of the major reasons why he never is true competition to WWE. You have to be a cut throat businessman. You can't be giving people contracts just because they are one of your favorite wrestler's friends, or booking the Hardy's who are good draws but are broken down now - into endless tables or pointless matches with ridiculous spots.

You have to be smarter with your booking and how you pay and manage your talent...I am by no means a booker, but I run teams, I fire people, I have to make difficult decisions with my work and sometimes it feels like Kahn treats AEW more like a hobby and less like a business.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea honestly I know that's why fans like Kahn but it honestly could end up being one of the major reasons why he never is true competition to WWE. You have to be a cut throat businessman. You can't be giving people contracts just because they are one of your favorite wrestler's friends, or booking the Hardy's who are good draws but are broken down now - into endless tables or pointless matches with ridiculous spots.

You have to be smarter with your booking and how you pay and manage your talent...I am by no means a booker, but I run teams, I fire people, I have to make difficult decisions with my work and sometimes it feels like Kahn treats AEW more like a hobby and less like a business.

Yeah, that's why I cut him alotta slack, he's still only a couple years in, and despite being a super fan and observing wrestling aspects all his life, it's nothing compared to being in that hotseat, having to come up with stuff, having to create a culture of what you want you backstage vibe to be. And despite what fans on the internet think all of that acumen and learning experience doesn't come within the first years. I am sure if you ask Vince he will agree, and credit his Dad with jumpstarting everything from company structure to just general knowledge of the business, big time! Khan had no learning tree like that.