Coli 6 Cert and Tech Brehs...

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
So I’m watching this show called “Silicon Valley” on HBO. It’s actually a pretty good show and I’m enjoying it.
:ehh:

If any of you brehs in the Tech and Coding field have seen it, does the show depict the lifestyle/culture correctly? A bunch of well paid nerds in the San Jose area creating apps and new technology? The shyt seems to be extremely competitive and cut-throat too.
:ohhh:

Also, how difficult would it be to learn Java and other “languages”? Do you enjoy it? I have ZERO experience with it, but wouldn’t mind taking it up as a hobby. I always thought that guys like Steve Jobs were pretty interesting/cool.
:yeshrug:

Are there any famous or significant Black figures in the tech world? Seems to be dominated by whites and Asians (both Indian and Oriental).
:jbhmm:

7evens

All Star
Daps
Also, how difficult would it be to learn Java and other “languages”?

Understanding computer science should be the goal. Learn one language, you’ve learned them all. After that you’re just dealing with the quirks and nuances of each language.

Do you enjoy it?
I’ve learned to enjoy it. 90% is trying to figure out wtf is wrong with your code, the other 10% you feel like wizard. So it depends on your level of patience.

Are there any famous or significant Black figures in the tech world?
There’s lots of very skilled brehs and sisters in the industry.

Seems to be dominated by whites and Asians (both Indian and Oriental).

Maybe 60% white, 30% Asian (East Asian and Indian), 10% everyone else.