Coli Brehs, How Free is Your State?

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
www.freedominthe50states.org

I first came across this site when researching local liquor laws when traveling on business (Bible belt :huhldup:).
How free is your state? Do you agree with their ranking or nah? Nonetheless I think the website is kind of useful in comparing state policies/law.

Evidently Arizona has pretty loose booze laws compared to the rest the country, beer to liquor available in grocery stores and most gas stations. Of course gun rights also rank high here as you can open carry and even conceal carry now without needing a permit/license. Incarceration/arrest rates however are relatively high ranking AZ near the bottom in that particular category. Competition in telecommunications and cable also rank low.

Florida ranks #1 :jbhmm:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
A recommended policy for New York according to that link is to get rid of rent control. Not sure minorities would agree with that.
Yeah I definitely think these rankings/recommendations are up for debate. I did look up the Cato institute for general background info. As with most things, this ranking study isn't free from bias.

Edit- they did propose slashing cigarette taxes. Minority smokers would probably like that :troll: