Coli graduates of PWI'S ( Predominately White Institutions) and other diverse Universities

Would you help HBCU's even though you didn't attend one?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Oh its all good. The opportunities that I came across since I graduated and did my own thing have been much more rewarding financially and mentally than anything I could have pursued through the college. I was pretty pissed off for the first year or two when I couldn't get a financial job (graduated at the height of the 08 crash) but it worked out for the best. Earning much more now than if I went corporate finance so I'm not mad at all. It worked out well because it forced me to be my own boss and take my life in my own hands. Its nerve racking but once you get the hang of it, its a much better lifestyle, IMO. Now I'll never be someones bytch (aka having a boss) and if I work with someone, its because I'm a partner in the venture rather than an employee.

Aight bro, I can't hate on that. Good luck to you!

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
i'd donate to an HBCU before i donated to my alma mater which was legit begging me for money less than a week after i graduated via email. :scust:

right now i'm not in a position to donate to anyone though. :francis:

Man I went to my first undergrad 10 years ago and them fools still have the nerve to still send me letters asking me for money even though I didn't even graduate from there.

These CACS have no shame

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Low key when Grambling State had that big issue with their Football facilities a few years back and I saw that short story on ESPN on it. I wish I was in a position to donate some money or just had the time to go down and do the electrical work for half the price or something.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
They charged me enough to go there. fukk the race angle.

I'm confused, which school are you talking about? And what do you mean Fukk the race angle? Just confused a little bit. Did you attend a HBCU or PWI. I'm interested to know.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Man I went to my first undergrad 10 years ago and them fools still have the nerve to still send me letters asking me for money even though I didn't even graduate from there.

These CACS have no shame

Damn breh, so I'll assume you'll give to a HBCU, over your own alma mater?

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Low key when Grambling State had that big issue with their Football facilities a few years back and I saw that short story on ESPN on it. I wish I was in a position to donate some money or just had the time to go down and do the electrical work for half the price or something.

Yeah that story was fukked up. I saw the mold and everything. I'm happy those players took a stand. To be honest I didn't even know about grambling state football program until then.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
I ain't giving either shyt. Their colleges they will get their money. I have a huge family with cousins that can use some extra money to pay for their tuition if I'm helping any black people advance

Okay I respect that! I was just bringing this up because Howard is in real financial trouble.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Nah I wouldn't have an issue with sending them money. PSU ain't getting anymore of my dough (outside of the fukkn overpriced clothing I talk myself into buying :wow:)

However, I do have a problem donating to poorly managed schools. When these articles come up about an HBCU not having money, there is usually a report of fraud involved. This isn't exclusive to HBCU's, it's also a part of our NPHC orgs as well.

How did the station get into such desperate financial restraints in the first place? What is needed now, and what 5/10/15 year plan has been put forward to ensure the station is financially stable in the future?

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Nah I wouldn't have an issue with sending them money. PSU ain't getting anymore of my dough (outside of the fukkn overpriced clothing I talk myself into buying :wow:)

However, I do have a problem donating to poorly managed schools. When these articles come up about an HBCU not having money, there is usually a report of fraud involved. This isn't exclusive to HBCU's, it's also a part of our NPHC orgs as well.

How did the station get into such desperate financial restraints in the first place? What is needed now, and what 5/10/15 year plan has been put forward to ensure the station is financially stable in the future?

I don't think the radio station is in trouble. It's the whole university that's in trouble. They're selling the radio station, to get some extra cash. It seems Howard has a couple of problems.

1) Bad financial management
2) Dramatically reduced enrollment
3) less grant money from the government

So by selling the radio spectrum, they would get a much needed influx of cash. I feel bad about this, because I have a couple of friends that went there.
1) one was an administrative assistant ( communications major)
2) the other one is an accountant. He's doing well!

I didn't know about the NPHC struggling as well.