Coli Movie Club: La Vita è Bella (Life is Beautiful)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Looking forward to watching it. Haven't seen it in its entirety and that was back in junior year of high school when I did see it as part of my ethics class but we never finished it.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
movie club ass as fukk

I can understand this point of view. Some of the movies weren't something I would normally watch and a couple were sort of a chore.

I watch exclusively movies I [think I would] like the other six days a week. I appreciate exposing myself to things that are not on my radar. I could try it on my own, but without the group there's no accountability. Too easy to check out after 5 minutes.

I watched Friday for the 927th time the day I first peeped this (prolly). I would still prolly watch Friday again over this on a lazy Sunday. Still, there's something dope about it. For a second there I wanted to pick State Property 2 but I decided to dig deeper.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i've seen this one..saw it in school as a kid an then a few months ago on netflix.

it has its moments.

but i do think its vastly overrated.. its like #29 on the top imdb 250

some people were offended and how it treated the subject matter

i do think its worth the watch though

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I like this pick, I might have seen when I was like 12-13 with spanish subtitles but since I don't speak italian or spanish I must've stopped watching it because I don't remember anything about it. I'll watch it today/tonight

State Property 2 would've been :russ:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Saw it years ago. Didnt really expect it turn it out like it did after being so "light" early on.

But that ending combines the perfect combination of deep sadness and true happiness in the span of a few minutes.

One of the first times watching a film where I was on the edge :sadcam: with tears of sadness and :to: on the edge with tears of joy right afterward.

(I didnt cry. But was near it)

Movie was solid overall. But that ending, shyt. :wow:

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:banderas:Great damn movie! great pick OP, this is an underrated film that many have not had a chance to see...it gets lost in the more mainstream WWII flicks but it deserves to be right up there with them